• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Out of the Abyss OOC

I will be unavailable for parts of Friday (big hearing) and Friday night.
You and I will both be having big hearings on Friday, then. Dunno about you, but mine entails a tea party nutjob. Not that tea partiers and nutjobs are inextricably linked. Correlation, not causation. :) If nothing else, the three-ring circus that my hearing is very likely to devolve into should provide for a killer war story that I can share at this year's bar association Christmas party.

Last edited:

Though, nothing beats the hearing last week where the judge asked the defendant what he stole, only to be answered, "Condoms and candy."

Dead silence in the courtroom after that, there was. It was all I could do to lower my eyes and slump a little in my seat in order to avoid an unseemly display of uncontrollable snickering.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I've had my fair share of nutjobs, thankyouverymuch. I've worked at the county jail for almost 20 years now, so I'm sure we can summon a deluge of whackjob stories...

-IG

Don't forget that the flag hanging in the courtroom has gold fringe, so OF COURSE IT IS AN ADMIRALTY flag. And therefore the judge has no authori-tah over moi (oopsie, did some French sneak into my 'murica?!) because I am NOT IN THE NAVY. Or, better yet, that's not me in the caption in this case. The caption has my name spelled all in caps. I spell my name in all lower-case letters.

Yes. Sovereign citizens are "fun."

Also, yay for Federal court. :)

ALL --

We'll play using the 5e PHB Errata, but neither Jeremy Crawford's comments on social media nor Sage Advice will be adopted automatically as RAW. I'm always open to discussing Crawford's opinions and Sage Advice, but I'm definitely not willing to adopt either wholesale.

When we get into combat rounds, I would like you to please include in your posts, at a minimum, the following items (you can sblock them or stuff them in OOC tags):

Hero grunted with exertion. She darted ten feet to her left, then swung her mace at Ogre2. Yarr, she saw, was in trouble. "Look out!" Hero defended him with her shield, trying to deflect the snake's bite.

[sblock=OOC]Move: B17
Bonus Action: None
Action: Attack Ogre2 [roll0] for [roll1] damage
Reaction: Fighting Style (protection) use shield to defend ally w/i 5' of Hero

hp 14/21
AC 15
Inspiration: 1[/sblock]​

It's a good question. I'll post a map with grid squares. It'll look something like this:

oixw1.jpg

Remove ads