OUT OF THE ABYSS Preorders Live

Both Amazon and Barnes & Noble both now allow you to pre-order Out of the Abyss for $49.96. Both have the already-confirmed release date of September 15th, 2015. Out of the Abyss is the seventh studio album released by the band Manilla Road. Oh, it's also the upcoming hardcover adventure, part of the Rage of Demons storyline, produced for WotC by Green Ronin. "The demon lords have been summoned from the Abyss and players must descend into the Underdark with the iconic hero Drizzt Do’Urden to stop the chaos before it threatens the surface." (thanks to Charles Akins for the scoop).

Both Amazon and Barnes & Noble both now allow you to pre-order Out of the Abyss for $49.96. Both have the already-confirmed release date of September 15th, 2015. Out of the Abyss is the seventh studio album released by the band Manilla Road. Oh, it's also the upcoming hardcover adventure, part of the Rage of Demons storyline, produced for WotC by Green Ronin. "The demon lords have been summoned from the Abyss and players must descend into the Underdark with the iconic hero Drizzt Do’Urden to stop the chaos before it threatens the surface." (thanks to Charles Akins for the scoop).

callinostros

Explorer
April 7th (Elemental Evil) - September 15th (Out of the Abyss)
Seems like such a long time between releases. Yes, I know they are going release-lite with 5E but still seems a long time...to just get an adventure.

Zaran

Adventurer
What kind of annoys me is Green Ronin can't seem to put out products that have been talked about for years but this module comes up and it's "Sure 6 months is plenty of time!"

justinj3x3

Banned
Banned
I know I've said I won't buy a FR product but the montion of Graz'zt has me curious.... I'm still going to resist like I did elemental evil though..... yet it's tempting....

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
What kind of annoys me is Green Ronin can't seem to put out products that have been talked about for years but this module comes up and it's "Sure 6 months is plenty of time!"
I would be surprised that they just started writting it. Usually they start working on books a year, if not more, prior to release. Since they already have the art, the release date, and are doing pre-order, I'd say they are already finish working on it or are polishing it. Cause WotC gave Green Ronin the big bucks* to make this happen.

*Big being relative. I'd be curious to know how much a publisher gets to work on a WotC AP.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm not sure why Drizzt would keep people away from this AP. Even if he is in there a lot, he won't be up staging the PCs. That is a noob mistake WotC and Green Ronin won't make.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)

I suspect that is more a cash flow issue than anything else. WOTC pays for it, and they can take the time to produce it.

Corpsetaker

First Post
I'm wary of this AP so here's why.

I think Drizzt's involvement is going to be more than Wizards is letting on, or the AP is going to be limited.

Think about this for a moment. The AP is tied in with RAS's new novel coming out. They are not going to print an AP that has the PC's win the day, and then have a novel where Drizzt does the same thing. I think all this is going to be canon and a tie in to each other. I mean you can't have RAS write a novel involving mysterious adventurers (insert your own party), so I think either Drizzt is more involved or the AP is going to be based on things going on behind the scenes up to a certain point where Drizzt will step in and be the one who ultimately saves the day.

Sobran

Idiot Savant
You guys have the wrong blurb for the book. The one from Amazon and Barnes and Noble reads a lot differently.

Dare to descend into the Underdark in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game

The Underdark is a subterranean wonderland, a vast and twisted labyrinth where fear reigns. It is the home of horrific monsters that have never seen the light of day. It is here that the dark elf Gromph Baenre, Archmage of Menzoberranzan, casts a foul spell meant to ignite a magical energy that suffuses the Underdark and tears open portals to the demonic Abyss. What steps through surprises even him, and from that moment on, the insanity that pervades the Underdark escalates and threatens to shake the Forgotten Realms to its foundations. Stop the madness before it consumes you!

A Dungeons & Dragons® adventure for characters of levels 1–15

Uller

Adventurer
Geez WotC...Not complaining here but we're just now finishing Lost Mines...tonight will be our 8th session, each session has averaged about 5 hours. So we're closing in on 40 hours of play from a 32 page adventure. And you have since released TWO 200+ page adventure paths. Not. Enough. Time. To. Game....

We're skipping HotDQ and moving on to PotA (if my players take the hook).

What I'd like to see in a WotC product is a bunch of unrelated one shots. Maybe in a subscription format. Perhaps some fan created. I seem to recall this existing at one point...

My problem with APs is I am riddled with ADD and focusing on the same adventure for 10-15 levels is too much. I'd much rather run a sandbox where at any given time my players have available to them 2 or 3 short, mostly unrelated adventures that take 2 or 3 sessions to complete.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm wary of this AP so here's why.

I think Drizzt's involvement is going to be more than Wizards is letting on, or the AP is going to be limited.

Think about this for a moment. The AP is tied in with RAS's new novel coming out. They are not going to print an AP that has the PC's win the day, and then have a novel where Drizzt does the same thing. I think all this is going to be canon and a tie in to each other. I mean you can't have RAS write a novel involving mysterious adventurers (insert your own party), so I think either Drizzt is more involved or the AP is going to be based on things going on behind the scenes up to a certain point where Drizzt will step in and be the one who ultimately saves the day.

It'll relate the same way that the Neverwinter and AL adventures have to the AP: not intersecting.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads