• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Outcasts Forever: Issue #1 - Red America

Status
Not open for further replies.

kid A

First Post
Sandman

Originally posted by Jarvis
“Right this way, Mr. Flint,” Jarvis stated, “The meeting should be underway within the hour. Would you care for some refreshments?”

The meeting was to take place in the main dining hall, a large rectangular room with tall twenty foot ceilings. A large, mahogany table dominated the room. Expertly taken photos of various teams and awards adorned the walls of the dining room.

"Jarvis, right? Really, it's just 'Flint.'" After setting down his bag, Flint followed Jarvis through the doorway into a fancy dining room. Much fancier than anywhere Flint had ever eaten. Slightly confused by his surroundings, but deciding to go with it for the moment, he answered Jarvis, "Nah, I don't need anything. Thanks, though."

After glancing around the room once more, Flint stopped Jarvis before he could leave. "Hey Jarvis, where are we exactly?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Moon Knight

5th Avenue
New York, New York

“850 5th Avenue, man?” the taxi driver, one Jobu Stevens by his id card. His thick Jamaican accent was most likely a fake, but Jake had to give the driver some leeway. “Ya may wanna be careful round there, man. The Avengers Mansion is only a block or so away, man. Ya?”

Glancing at the taxi meter, Jake Lockley (currently) noted that it was turned off. One of the some benefits of doubling as a taxi driver was the occasional free fare. A dark gray, large, military style sea bag was next to him on the seat, along with a black briefcase. In his hand he held the folded envelope with his invitation to join the current roster of Avengers. Why or how they had decided to have him as a member now was really anyone’s guess. Jake’s thoughts were interrupted by the cabbie . . .

“Here ya go, man. I’m not staying, man. Can’t risk another ‘Act of Superheroes’ accident, man,” Jobu said.

OOC: Moonknight

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Main Dining Hall
Avengers Mansion
New York, New York

Flint Marko said:
"Jarvis, right? Really, it's just 'Flint.'"

“Of course, sir,” Jarvis replied with a slight incline of his head.

Flint Marko said:
After glancing around the room once more, Flint stopped Jarvis before he could leave. "Hey Jarvis, where are we exactly?"

“Why, Master Flint, you’re in the main dining hall of the Avengers Mansion in New York. I . . . am in the foyer, holding the door for you,” Jarvis said, slightly perplexed. “You are here for the assembly meeting, are you not?”

OOC: Sandman

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Binary

O’Leary’s Restaurant
Annapolis, Maryland

Carol Danvers was enjoying the opportunity to caught up with a few old friends on the east coast. She had been gone for sometime and many were curious what happened. The conversations were strained when Carol decided that she couldn’t really tell them what happened and why she had gone.

To cover the awkwardness, Carol glanced at her watch and noticed that she only had a few more minutes until she was due at the Avengers Mansion in New York. The envelope with her membership request was still sitting in her purse.

OOC: Binary

Mimic

First Post
Vision - Avenger's rooftop

As the Vision lightly touches down on Avenger's rooftop he thinks about his wife's advice.

“Vision, be patient with them. I’m certain there will be some tension at the mansion.”

"She was such a better judge of character then he was, it was always a good idea to listen to her when it came to these matters." He thought to himself as he approched the hidden communicator by the chimmey, a small smile appears on his face, he was sure that the defensive system had already locked on to him and was ready to incapacitate him if need, he was glad he would never have to try and infiltrate this mansion any time soon.

"Vision, security code #########" He says clearly into the mike, he wasn't sure if the code was still valid. If it was then he could phase through the roof and proceed to the meeting room, if it wasn't, well there was always the front door.

Last edited:

kid A

First Post
Sandman

Originally posted by Jarvis
“Why, Master Flint, you’re in the main dining hall of the Avengers Mansion in New York. I . . . am in the foyer, holding the door for you,” Jarvis said, slightly perplexed. “You are here for the assembly meeting, are you not?”

Flint didn't skip a beat before his reply, continuing to work with what Jarvis was telling him. "What? Assembly meeting? I guess so, yeah. I got a letter from Colonel Fury to report to this address for some kind of meeting. But, if it's Ultimate's business, I got no idea why it didn't take place in the Triskelion. It ain't like that place got a lack of space, y'know?"

Flint laughed for a moment, still curious as to why the meeting would be held here in the first place. After a moment, though, Jarvis' perplexed look was reflected on Flint's face. "Wait, who're the Avengers?"

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Avengers Mansion – Rooftop
New York, New York

Vision said:
"Vision, security code #########"

“Identified. Welcome to Avengers Mansion, Vision. Perimeter will be re-established in . . . five seconds,” the female voice of the computer replied. After prior incidents, Tony Stark had the computer voice altered to that of a female.

The letter had indicated that the meeting was to begin in the Main Dining Hall. This was mostly likely (79.62% probability) just a temporary gathering place until everyone was present. The Main Assembly Room in sub-basement one would be the most obvious final destination.

Vision calmly glided into the elevator shaft of the mansion, avoiding personal quarters and the hanger bay, at least for the moment. He paused on the second floor briefly (still in the elevator), he and Wanda had had adjoining rooms just down the hall from here . . .

The meeting was scheduled to begin in five minutes.

OOC: Vision

Keia

I aim to misbehave
First Floor - Main Dining Hall
Avengers Mansion
New York, New York

Flint Marko said:
"What? Assembly meeting? I guess so, yeah. I got a letter from Colonel Fury to report to this address for some kind of meeting. But, if it's Ultimate's business, I got no idea why it didn't take place in the Triskelion. It ain't like that place got a lack of space, y'know?"

“The Mansion is know for its space as well, Master Flint,” Jarvis commented, “Originally built in 1932 by Howard Stark, the mansion has been extensively renovated by Mr. Anthony Stark. It consists of three main levels and three primary sublevels.”

Flint Marko said:
"Wait, who're the Avengers?"

“My word, Master Flint, you are just full of questions,” Jarvis commented, his eyes widening ever so slightly. In thought, Jarvis added, ‘Colonel Fury was a little hard with the mental deprogramming, I believe.’

Continuing aloud, Jarvis added, “I’m certain one of the others will be able to explain much better than I about the Avengers. I am just a butler, Master Flint.”

OOC: Sandman

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Above the Star of Hope
Harlem, New York

It had been several days since Sam Wilson had received his letter. Official notices from the U.S. Government tend to stand out in the jumble of junk mail and bills. Sam did notice that the letter had no post mark – most likely it was hand delivered into the mailbox. A possible federal offense – but definitely not worth the headache.

Redwing called from outside the window of his apartment above the Star of Hope. The wind had caught the window and closed it again. Redwing could easily have broken the window and entered, but understood that it wasn’t necessary.

Glancing at the clock on his desk (once it was uncovered from all of the legal documents and paperwork), Sam noted that it was only forty-five minutes until the meeting with the Avengers. The letter was somewhere in that mess . . .

OOC: Falcon (and Redwing)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Keia said:
Glancing at the clock on his desk (once it was uncovered from all of the legal documents and paperwork), Sam noted that it was only forty-five minutes until the meeting with the Avengers. The letter was somewhere in that mess . . .

Chill out, Redwing. I'm coming out in a minute. Chase pigeons or something.

The strange impression of mental laughter chuckled through Samuel's head in response.

Man, I do not have time for this. He quickly "organized" the mess of paper work into stacks, and then stacked the stacks as neatly as possible into his briefcase. They might expect me stay at the Mansion tonight, so I'd best take this with me. I can at least sort things out, especially the tenants' law suit against Fisk Real Estate. We're gonna crack that slum lord's piggy bank.

A few minutes later, after telling Mom and Dad he'd miss dinner, Samuel returned to his office. After a quick change of clothes, an overnight bag in one hand and the briefcase in the other, the Falcon shot from the Star of Hope rooftop.

Let's go, Redwing.

The large raptor gave an affirmative cry and wheeled skyward. The Falcon cut speed so that Redwing could keep pace. They were in no hurry. The traffic below was no impediment, after all.

Man, this is the life. No worries up here. No stress. Just Redwing and I with the city stretched out below us. Can I get an amen?

Amen, agreed Redwing.

The minutes flashed by as the miles to Avengers Mansion passed, and there it was: a monument to the ideals of justice built by the monies of corporate greed. How quintessentially American.

The Falcon touched down at the front door, putting down his overnight bag and raising his arm for Redwing to perch on. Briefcase hooked over his thumb, the Falcon rang the doorbell and waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads