- Binary (Radiant)
- Iron Man (Gideon)
- Wonder Man (Karl Green)
- Wasp (Brother Gustadt)

"Retired - Reserve Status"
- Moon Knight (Unicron818)
- Mr. Immortal (Kevin Perrine)

The Threads: OOC, R/G, Recruitment

Welcome to the IC thread of Outcasts Forever, an Avengers Forever game with an Exiles twist. Don’t worry if you can figure that out, read along (unless you’re one of my players – then get typing!! ;)). Please refrain from commenting here – keep all out of character comments to the OOC Thread.

The Avengers

The Avengers is one of Earth's foremost organizations of costumed superhuman adventurers dedicated to safeguarding the world from any threat beyond the power of conventional peacekeeping forces to handle. Founded several months after the incorporation of the Fantastic Four, the Avengers became the first superhuman team to be granted official government sanctions by the National Security Council of the United States, the General Assembly of the United Nations, and later by the international intelligence agency, S.H.I.E.L.D. Unlike the Fantastic Four, whose ranks have been restricted to Reed Richards and his experimental rocket crew (except for an occasional substitute), membership in the Avengers has been open and in constant fluctuation.

The newly-formed team assembled a short time later at the midtown Manhattan mansion of industrialist Anthony Stark, who, unknown to them at the time, was their fellow member Iron Man. Stark soon donated the mansion to the Avengers for their exclusive use, and set up a foundation to cover all the operational expenses of all the nonprofit team of adventurers. This foundation was set up under Stark's mother's name (The Maria Stark Foundation) so that his own business fortunes could not immediately affect the financial situation of the Avengers. The Stark family's trusted butler Edwin Jarvis was kept on as the principal regular domestic employee at Avengers Mansion.

Captain America became the first full-time resident of Avengers Mansion as well as the team's first recruit. In fact, Captain America became the first permanent chairman of the team, a post he held for a number of years. Chairmanship of the Avengers has been determined by election, and a number of individuals have held the positions over the years, including Iron Man, the Wasp, and the Vision. The ranks of active Avengers has varied in number from a mere three up to fifteen. In addition, certain individuals have enjoyed informal status with the group well before becoming official members.

As the official ties between the Avengers and the United States government grew to the extent that Avengers computer system had direct access to contain U.S. governmental and military information networks, the National Security Council began to take a more active interest in the Avengers' internal affairs. In recent years, N.S.C. agent Henry Peter Gyrich was appointed to be the government's liaison with the Avengers. Gyrich instituted certain policies in the name of security, which restricted active membership in the group and tightened admission requirements. Prior to this point, the Avengers screened candidates for membership themselves, and were flexible enough in their membership requirements to allow non-citizens, gods, mutants, and even synthetic humans to join. Gyrich initiated a strict screening procedure for new members and even dictated Avengers membership according to government standards of equal opportunity employment.

Attachments

• Avenger Mansion.JPG
    Avenger Mansion.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Outcasts Forever: Prologue #0 Avengers Assemble!!

The Story thus far. . . .

After the success and subsequent inevitable backlash of their last mission, the Avengers had been served notice that their roster (as it stood) was about to change. Word from both the American government and the United Nations was that, while happy with the results of the current Avengers, the team was not exceeding expectations. As such, a change was necessary . . . The prior Avengers were asked to clear out of the mansion, while final touches were put on the revised roster. Those who were to be on the new team would be notified by post.

It had several days since anyone had been within the Mansion other than the staff. The staff, in this case, consisted of Edwin Jarvis, butler and caretaker of Avengers Mansion. Even Captain American, who had been a frequent permanent resident of the Mansion, had removed his personal belongings.

As Jarvis idly polished several of the statues and awards in the gallery, the proximity alarms rang. Checking the monitors, Jarvis sighed with relief, seeing that it was one of the new Avengers. Jarvis quickly checked his list, making doubly certain that the person was, indeed on the list, then opened the outer gate. He intentionally left the gate out, expecting other arrivals throughout the day.

Jarvis glanced in the foyer mirror, checking his appearance one last time, then opened the door, a prompt two seconds after the doorbell had been rung. He was uncertain of the current arrival, but his name was clearly on the list . . . Jarvis opened the door wide, confident of his training not to display and apprehension. Standing at his full 5’11” height, the butler smiled and said . . . .

“Greetings, Mr. Sandman, my name is Jarvis. You are expected, please come in,” Jarvis offered.

OOC: Sandman (KidA) . . .you're up.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The story continues . . .

Hank drove through the New York streets, wending his way through the traffic to the Mansion. The letter he had received from the United Nations sat on the car seat next to him . . a letter inviting him to become part of the Avengers again. There was no mention of who else was on the team – surprising because usually the media liked to make a big deal about these roster changes.

His pass key worked in the security port at the iron gates of the garage area. Beast heard Jarvis’ voice over the intercom . . .

“Welcome Master Beast, I’ve opened the garage doors and side entrance for your arrival. If you would be so kind as to park your vehicle in the usual location, I will be by for your bags momentarily,” Jarvis commented. “The team has begun gathering in the conference room for the organizational meeting. If I may be so bold, sir, it’s good to have you back.”

OOC: Beast

Arani Korden

First Post
Keia said:
“The team has begun gathering in the conference room for the organizational meeting. If I may be so bold, sir, it’s good to have you back.”

"Thank you, Jarvis. It's always a pleasure."

Hank parked the car, and then clambered out. He reached for one of his bags, but then pulled his hand back. It's delicate, I know, but Jarvis will be careful. Hank started toward the conferance room, lost in thought. I've been away so long, I've forgotten what having a butler is like. No one butles at the Xavier Institute. Hank grinned. This should be interesting.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The story continues . . .

A Warehouse Studio Apartment
Greenwich Village, New York

"I still can't find a sitter for the children, dear," Wanda commented. As if on queue, one of the boys hit the other on the head, causing crying from both of them. Wanda moved over and seperated them, which caused more crying.

Vision stood in the kitchen, in his hand a letter from the United Nations which detailed his membership in the current roster of the Avengers. It was the only letter they had received. The initial meeting was scheduled for within the hour, and he would have to leave within minutes.

OOC: Vision

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Beast

Beast said:
"Thank you, Jarvis. It's always a pleasure."

"Of course, sir," Jarvis replied in his clipped British accent.

Hank's passkey worked on the side entrance, and Hank entered through the garage area. From past memory, Hank knew that through the public conference area there was an entrance to the main dining hall - where today's meeting was scheduled.

The hallway was quiet and Jarvis appeared to be elsewhere at the moment.

OOC: Beast

Attachments

• Mansion - 1st Floor.JPG
    Mansion - 1st Floor.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

kid A

First Post
Sandman

Originally posted by Jarvis
“Greetings, Mr. Sandman, my name is Jarvis. You are expected, please come in,” Jarvis offered.

"Uhhh... right. 'Flint' is fine, actually. Thanks." Flint Marko stepped into the foyer of the building. This wasn't what he was used to. A... mansion. Everything here seemed so... old. Antiquated.

"So. Where'm I s'posed to go?"

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post

Keia said:
Vision stood in the kitchen, in his hand a letter from the United Nations which detailed his membership in the current roster of the Avengers. It was the only letter they had received. The initial meeting was scheduled for within the hour, and he would have to leave within minutes.

Vision looks down and quickly scans the letter for the fourth time, only he has been invited back to the Avengers, strange indeed, when they talked about it they had come to the conclusion that Wanda and not he would be invited back, if either one of them were to be invited.

"I hope she is not too upset with this." He thinks to himself as he heads towards the living room where his wife and children are.

He comes up behind her and puts his arms around her, embracing her for a moment. "I must go now or be late Wanda, I am sure you will find a good babysitter. I will return as quickly as I am able."

He relcutantly lets go of his wife and squats down and kisses his kids. "Be good for your mother."

He stands and heads towards the door and then to the Avengers mansion

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sandman

Flint Marko said:
"Uhhh... right. 'Flint' is fine, actually. Thanks . . . So. Where'm I s'posed to go?"

"Very well, Mr. Flint, sir. You can leave you bag here, sir, I will attend to your belongings and place them in your room," Jarvis replied, quite professionally. "If you would be so kind as to follow me, I will direct you to the meeting."

Jarvis briefly looked down at the duffel bag Flint dropped, then with a wave of his hand guided him into the Mansion itself. The decor was quite stately, with a blend of mahogany and cherry paneling and trim. A chandelier hung from the tall foyer ceiling, only dimly lit due to the light entering from the tinted windows. Walking straight ahead, Jarvis opened the door, and again guided with his hand.

“Right this way, Mr. Flint,” Jarvis stated, “The meeting should be underway within the hour. Would you care for some refreshments?”

The meeting was to take place in the main dining hall, a large rectangular room with tall twenty foot ceilings. A large, mahogany table dominated the room. Expertly taken photos of various teams and awards adorned the walls of the dining room.

OOC: Sandman

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Vision

Vision said:
He comes up behind her and puts his arms around her, embracing her for a moment. "I must go now or be late Wanda, I am sure you will find a good babysitter. I will return as quickly as I am able."

“I understand. I’ll come if I am able to,” Wanda replied. “Vision, be patient with them. I’m certain there will be some tension at the mansion.”

Vision said:
He reluctantly lets go of his wife and squats down and kisses his kids. "Be good for your mother."

Vision is rewarded in return by loving hugs from his children . . . and a bonk in the head by Simon, who briefly looking apprehensive then giggled. This brought laughter from the other child, and Wanda looked on appreciatively.

The trip to the mansion was uneventful, the New York skyline free of mid-morning smog. As he flew down toward the mansion, Vision noted a surprising lack of media vans, trucks and personnel.

Vision knew that he would have to voice deactivate the perimeter defenses before he phased through the roof of the mansion.

OOC: Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads