overpowered?

starwolf

First Post
Pardon me while I hijack this thread for a quick question

Now you will recieve us.
We do not ask for your poor or your hungry.
We do not want your tired and sick.
It is your corrupt that we claim.
It is your evil that will be sought by us.
With every breath we will hunt them down.
Each day we will spill their blood until it rains down from the sky.
Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles every man of every faith can embrace.
These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior. And all of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
We are due lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain.
For if you do, one day you will look behind you, and you will see we three. And on that day you will reap it.
And we will send you to whatever god you wish.

Where is this from?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
In my opinion ...

It's a nice weapon ...

But don't overestimate magic weapons.

Magic weapons tend to be destroyed quickly in any kind of combat involving spells or energy attacks (even Glamdring, one of the most famous of magic weapons, was lost when Gandalf fell off the Bridge of Khazad-Dum - effectively destroyed, since it fell several miles beyond anyone's reach.)

Magic weapons are most commonly, in my experience, melted by magical fire.
Less commonly, they are broken by strength - a spear sticking out 40 feet through the air is a fine target for physical destruction.
Magical weapons also get disintegrated (at least, they used to ... take another look at 2nd edition saves for items versus disintegration.)

Some magic weapons are even broken by adventurers who foolishly try to use them to chop through rock or metal (although I, as a DM, do not allow breakage in this manner unless the substance attacked is magical.)

Importantly, magical weapons can be destroyed by other magical weapons; there is nothing like chopping apart a 40 foot weapon with one's magical sword, to make the point to the enemy that he overestimates his winning ways. :)

Edena_of_Neith

Remove ads