Own-country shipping only?

frankthedm

First Post
If I got the money in hand, sure I'd ship internationally, putting as much protection on as the buyer paid for. But some systems give the buyer too much protection. I've heard of far too many incidents of Paypal yanking the cash out of a seller's account even when the seller can prove the parcel was shipped out.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
as a long time ebay seller, let me say that getting a satisfactory transaction to overseas is hit-or-miss at best,
and just gambling at its worst.

And the buyer is under no obligation to be understanding about any delays or problems.
You can show him the receipt, "prove" that you mailed the item,
and they don't care, and ding your seller reputation because "you ripped them off"

How is that different to shipping to anyone else? The guy next door can claim you didn't send him something despite your proof of shipping.

The best way to get something to overseas is Fed-Ex,
but the buyers don't want to pay an extra 75$-120$ to get their stuff.

Well, if they don't pay the shipping, you don't sell it, obviously. That's certainly not in question. We're talking about situations where the buyer is happily paying the shipping.

But what are you shipping that costs $120 extra in shipping? Back when I coordinated ENnies packages I'd send boxes of 50+ books at a time across the Atlantic, and it never came to that much.

Ell-Egypto

Explorer
1) how is it different ? the lack of feedback in other venues, that matters on ebay.

2) you are talking post office, which is often corrupt on the european end.
most people don't want to buy a $20 book and then pay + 150% more to ship it securely.
and by securely, I mean Not Post Office.

Remove ads