• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

P90x

Matchstick

Adventurer
I should have nuanced my statement. The structure provided by the P90x program is one of its greatest strengths.
I'm saying, however, that if you can create a schedule for yourself that you adhere to, getting yourself into shape and beyond costs next to nothing but time and effort. Except of course, money to buy high fibre/protein/complex carb food and the proper amount vitamins and minerals.

By the way. You can't call yourself truly hardcore until you have passed the Warrior Test:

500 bodyweight squats in 15 minutes.
100 push-ups.
20 pull-ups.
15 one legged squats per leg.
50 finger push-ups.
15 handstand push-ups.
5 minute plank.
30 second rest between exercises.

Enjoy :D.

I have to have someone telling me what to do. Well, I probably don't HAVE to have someone telling me what to do, but I know I'll do a lot better if there's someone there.

I get caught between having someone live tell me what to do, but having to travel to a gym or something and being able to work out at home but without someone live pushing me to get it done (with possibly the DVD acting as a substitute). I think I just need to win the lottery so I can hire a personal trainer to come out to the house.

:)

Joker

First Post
I have to have someone telling me what to do. Well, I probably don't HAVE to have someone telling me what to do, but I know I'll do a lot better if there's someone there.

I get caught between having someone live tell me what to do, but having to travel to a gym or something and being able to work out at home but without someone live pushing me to get it done (with possibly the DVD acting as a substitute). I think I just need to win the lottery so I can hire a personal trainer to come out to the house.

:)

Join the Marines.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Joker said:
Same here. But I need more of it. I am now eating about twice as much as I did before I exercised while maintaining the same weight.
I'm probably eating about the same number of calories per day, but they're "better calories." (I ate quite a bit of calories during a day -- I like to eat.)

Are/were you thin trying to bulk up, or larger trying to slim down?

Joker said:
By the way. You can't call yourself truly hardcore until you have passed the Warrior Test:

500 bodyweight squats in 15 minutes.
100 push-ups.
20 pull-ups.
15 one legged squats per leg.
50 finger push-ups.
15 handstand push-ups.
5 minute plank.
30 second rest between exercises.
I doubt I could ever do those numbers for any one of those exercises. At 43 years old, I'm happy with feeling and looking good.

Bullgrit

Joker

First Post
I'm probably eating about the same number of calories per day, but they're "better calories." (I ate quite a bit of calories during a day -- I like to eat.)

Are/were you thin trying to bulk up, or larger trying to slim down?

I'm trying mostly to increase my explosive power and endurance. My weight is unimportant but losing fat is a nice bonus.

I doubt I could ever do those numbers for any one of those exercises. At 43 years old, I'm happy with feeling and looking good.

Bullgrit

I'm not anywhere close to passing the test. But when I do it for the first time I'll do the individual exercises separate, then with 10 minute breaks and slowly reducing the down time once a week.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I just got the Insanity set this week. I've watched a couple of the DVDs to see what they're like -- oh wow! I'm excited by this challenge.

Is it just my bias, or are there more women in the class than men? I kind of like that.

I wonder if I'm in the norm for a guy, in that I prefer working out "with" a bunch of women instead of a bunch of men. I'm more hyped by seeing women do the same workouts than by seeing men do the workouts. I think it's more than just the eye candy, because watching women bend and stretch hasn't gotten me interested in the yoga.

Bullgrit

frog

Explorer
Finished a round of P90X and lost 30 lbs during it. Am currently taking a bit of time off from it.

The sheer amount of food I was having to eat was killing my budget!!!

Bullgrit

Adventurer
frog said:
The sheer amount of food I was having to eat was killing my budget!!!
Since others have mentioned this, I added up my food cost for an average day. I figure I'm eating upwards of $10 a day, plus whatever the dinner my wife cooks for the family costs.

This includes first breakfast, second breakfast, first lunch, second lunch, one or two snacks during the work day, and probably a snack after working out in the evening. I surely don't have a perfect diet, but it's good.

Since one meal out at a restaurant -- lunch or dinner -- easily costs $10 or more, I don't think my costs for food has gone up. Probably come down.

Bullgrit

renau1g

First Post
So, is this good for toning muscles? I don't have any weight to lose, luckily, but I'd like to tone up a bit. I don't want to go to a gym (or the $'s) nor the desire for a monthly fee (besides my enworld membership ;)).

Joker

First Post
Since others have mentioned this, I added up my food cost for an average day. I figure I'm eating upwards of $10 a day, plus whatever the dinner my wife cooks for the family costs.

This includes first breakfast, second breakfast, first lunch, second lunch, one or two snacks during the work day, and probably a snack after working out in the evening. I surely don't have a perfect diet, but it's good.

Since one meal out at a restaurant -- lunch or dinner -- easily costs $10 or more, I don't think my costs for food has gone up. Probably come down.

Bullgrit

Yeah, but you keep the costs down by robbing old ladies when they leave the grocery store ;).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads