• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Pack and Pouch brings you the history of bags, magic items, monsters, and more!

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Sneak Attack Press is excited to announce the release of Pack and Pouch.

Adventurers need to carry a lot of stuff. To explore dungeons, they need rope, torches, crowbars, and 10-foot poles. In the wilderness, they need food, bedding, flint and tinder, and cooking gear. And that’s not even getting to all the treasure they haul home after a hard day’s work. How are they expected to carry all that stuff?

In bags of course! Bags are not just an important part of an adventurer’s toolkit, it’s where they keep their toolkit. From the lowly belt pouch to the lofty bag of holding, no adventurer can be without bags.

Pack and Pouch is a mini-supplement for all things bag related. It contains:
  • Real-world history of bags
  • Bags in a fantasy setting
  • Two new pieces of equipment
  • Three NPC porters to carry your stuff
  • One new spell/power: smuggler's boon
  • A random bag generator
  • Seven new magical items including Nebrik Bronzebottem’s bag of nabbing, resourceful pouch, and sack of infinite sacks.
  • Three new monsters: bag lurker, baggy bogieman, and childnapper.
You can also get Pack and Pouch as part of the This and That bundle and save 33% off!

MH_DragonFromtheBag_F.jpg

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The history of bags lol, not really something I’ve ever turned my mind to, but probably has some fascinating threads to unravel, and it could make the weavers kit actually useful!

Bags are also probably an example of ‘technology invented by women’ which is often ignored and overlooked by anthropologist (primarily because it cant be proven)

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
The history of bags lol, not really something I’ve ever turned my mind to, but probably has some fascinating threads to unravel, and it could make the weavers kit actually useful!
Thread to unravel. I see what you did there.
One of the most interesting things about the history for me is that it often doesn't look like what we see in the fiction. Soft cloth/leather backpacks weren't really a thing pre-19th century, though there were backpacks with wooden frames or just wicker baskets that you wore on you back.
Bags are also probably an example of ‘technology invented by women’ which is often ignored and overlooked by anthropologist (primarily because it cant be proven)
Yeah, it's complicated to know how they started because the materials they are made of decomposed long ago, plus they were probably invented independently in multiple places.
Are you planning on collecting all of these This and That releases into a single book at some point, @MatthewJHanson?
We are, though we haven't worked out the details yet. I think we probably want to get out one more (which will be Cart and Wagon) and that should give us a good 96 page print book.

Remove ads