Pact Cantrips in Ravenloft

RulesJD

First Post
Yeah, I got that. But the Disadvantage is only against you. Which means that if you don't have Warcaster it's mostly only useful if you've got undead using a ranged attack specifically against you. Since most ranged undead will be intelligent, they'll probably pick another target, so I suppose in that edge case it would be useful. But...again, without Warcaster...not useful enough.

True, I forgot to mention that I'm going through as a Necromancer and just eat the disadvantage because most undead at low levels are ridiculously easy to hit.

But yes, at higher levels it will lose its luster sadly.

Granville

First Post
To OP:
From Level 1 to 10
I ended up with Variant Human, Pact of the Undying; Warcaster, +2 Cha (4), +2 Cha (8)
Invocations: Agonizing Blast (2), Book of Ancient Secrets(3), Repelling Blast (2, swapped at 3 then back at 5 ), Sculptor of Flesh (7), One With Shadows (9)

Cantrips, in order I get them: (1)Chill Touch, (1)Eldritch Blast, (Pact, 1)Spare the Dying, (3 Tome)Guidance, (3 Tome)Shillelagh, (3 Tome)Thorn Whip, (4)Booming Blade, (10) Mage Hand

I wanted Mage Hand sooner, but I had to take what I take at very specific levels.

Spells (At level 10): Hex, Protection from Evil and Good, Misty Step, Hypnotic Pattern, Magic Circle, Dispel Magic, Death Ward, Aura of Life, Contagion, Dream

During my career I also have Hellish Rebuke (Level 2), Blindness/Deafness (Levels 3-4) and Invisibility (Levels 4 to 8) for a while. They get swapped out at some point or another.

I would have liked to fit Counterspell in there, but sending a zombie (due to how Barovia affects spells) Bat familiar after someone, having them bite somebody and giving them the pox with Contagion sounds pretty hilarious.

Remove ads