• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pact reward and Armor of Agathys

BobTheNob

First Post
Question

Hexblade Pact Reward (excerpt)
"...You gain a bonus to the damage rolls of your warlock and warlock paragon path attack powers..."

Now "Armor of Agathys". Level 1 Daily attack power. Does 1d6+Con to all enemies who start there turn adjacent to you. Do I apply the Hexblade extra damage? Its a daily attack power (in so far as it uses the daily level 1 slot)...but it doesn't attack (i.e. no to hit roll).

It has a damage roll, therefore whatever bonus's I get can apply, but the Hexblade pact reward specifies attack powers, and Im not sure how to interpret this.

(Though, admittedly, Im suspecting : No, it doesnt apply because there was no attack roll. The daily level 1 slot simply commonly contains attack powers, but some may not be)

Aulirophile

First Post
It is an attack power, works fine. If it said it gave you a bonus to damage rolls from "attacks" we'd have a confusing issue because of the PHB FAQ 38 and the new definitions in the RC.

You don't though, it works, enjoy.

spayne

First Post
You get the bonus. The power says Attack in the upper right, so that means it is an attack power.

The power has no implement keyword though, so you would not get your implement's enhancement bonus or other bonuses that come from using your implement (dragonshard, dual implement spellcaster, etc.).

Remove ads