• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Painted Paizo Mini Pics & New Sculpts Available

Keith F Strohm

First Post
All,

We've just added some new painted product shots of our new Dark Elf Sanctum miniatures, along with some more downloadable wallpaper graphics. You can check them out here

Also, the sculpts for our ninja Compleat Encounter Set just came in. You can check them out here .

We are so psyched about these upcoming products. In fact, I've had to lock the editors away in their room so that they don't try and steal the painted minis!

Keith Strohm
Chief Operating Officer
Paizo Publishing, LLC

MacMathan

Explorer
The sculpts looks great and I love the idea overall.

The only reservation I have is it seems, to me, that having bare metal minis I have to paint in a set designed to allow a DM to "quickly and efficiently" run a game is counter productive. Maybe other DM's out there paint really fast and really well but for myself I would be better served by pre-painted plastics.

I guess for me the ideal set would have a lot of pre-painted plastic minis, enough to cover everyting in the module, in the box. I can imagine a mega-box done this way, like the old Heroquest sets, then add-on modules could reuse minis and maybe even maps.

Anyway looking forward to the sets.

delericho

Legend
MacMathan said:
I guess for me the ideal set would have a lot of pre-painted plastic minis, enough to cover everyting in the module, in the box.

That would be really cool. Even better would be if they also included miniature-scale maps for the set. Of course, a set like that would necessarily be very expensive for even a fairly small adventure, which would make producing it a risk.

That said, a deluxe adventure box of that sort would also be a high-margin item, so I wonder why no-one is willing to take that risk?

As for these new sets: I guess I'll need to look out my brushes again, then.

Any word on what the scale of the miniatures is? And how does that compare with the pre-painted D&D miniatures?

kenobi65

First Post
delericho said:
Any word on what the scale of the miniatures is? And how does that compare with the pre-painted D&D miniatures?

I gotta believe they'd be in the 25mm-28mm range (which would make them comparable to the D&D minis). Any other size would be very foolish, given the intended use.

pogre

Legend
As someone who has been looking forward to these minis and this concept since their announcement I am a little disappointed. The sculpt on the drow demon is OK, but the paint job is average. The skin tones on the drow are very flat - perhaps it's the photograph. The sculpt is uninspiring. The gate is very cool though.

I'll pick up the first set and see how they paint up for me - some sculpts are just hard to make look good. God knows I have struggled with some of the Privateer Press sculpts lately despite their stellar reputation.

The Death Shrine of the Ninja Cult sculpts look fantastic.

delericho

Legend
kenobi65 said:
I gotta believe they'd be in the 25mm-28mm range (which would make them comparable to the D&D minis). Any other size would be very foolish, given the intended use.

It would, of course, be foolish for Paizo to use any scale other than that of the D&D minis. However, I had thought I saw somewhere that those used a larger scale. This morning I checked, and according to the WotC website, the minis are at 30mm.

Unfortunately (for me), that's too big. Most of my minis are in the 25mm scale (although there was scale creep in the years before I stopped buying, but I was mostly getting monster races at the time, so can get away with it). This means that the newer figures would look really bad next to my existing ones. Really, it's just another reason not to buy. (The others are the random assortment, and the fact that many of the early paint jobs looked really bad - although that at least seems to have improved greatly.)

Oh well, I guess I'll pass on this product after all.

Turanil

First Post
"Dark Elf Sanctum Compleat Encounter"

I saw the advert pic on the website, but nothing else. This really look cool and useful. I would like to get more info on these products: are they printed on thick heavy cardboard? how many plates per box? How many sets? The price? etc.

Thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads