• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Painted Paizo Mini Pics & New Sculpts Available

diaglo

Adventurer
Erik Mona said:
PS> The sculpts may look "distinctly average" to you, but I have seen them in person and I strongly disagree (this is coming from someone with thousands of miniatures, including most of Rackham's "Confrontation" line). "Kewl mini," as ever, is in the eye of the beholder.

i agree with Erik. not the seeing them in person. but the part about them being kewl. they also look like they are easy enough to add flavor to. for example a staff in the hands of the drow. or a bend/lean forward for the demon and raise a claw or even insert a victim in the claw....

diaglo "who has thousands of lead minis too" Ooi

pogre

Legend
Erik Mona said:
PS> The sculpts may look "distinctly average" to you, but I have seen them in person and I strongly disagree (this is coming from someone with thousands of miniatures, including most of Rackham's "Confrontation" line). "Kewl mini," as ever, is in the eye of the beholder.

That's why I'm buying and painting them for myself. I was just giving a first impression - I'm sorry it was somewhat negative. Believe me there is almost no one looking forward to this release more than me ;)

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
The sculpts look fine. Unfortunately i am with others in that painted are of more use. There are MANY GREAT metal, unpainted minis out there (most better than the dnd painted plastics) BUT the painted minis are SO EASY to use. Sorry, but having to paint minis (not the task, the time I don't have) takes away from gaming and unfortunately this will mean some of us don't by them based on that. A shame, yes, b/c this is a wonderful idea, but still I don't need MORE unpainted minis.

Our group had a similar discussion a while ago that others have touched on here. We would love to see more 'themed minis'. That Orc Horde from WotC that got scrapped would have been the ultimate...but I love orcs and have had to trade hard to get them all so far ;)

But, what I would love to see is sets for adventures. ie "Forge of Fury" packs. You could just have all sculpts from the module in a pack, but I wouldn't care if all the creatures were in random packs with a few generic adventurers. You know buy a couple of Forge packs and there will be common orcs, a grick, some would get the black dragon etc. That to me would be awesome. I am all for the themes (posting another thread on this ;)) and why not just release a couple of Libris Mortis sets?

Here is where I get to Paizo. Unfortunately they don't have the $ of Hasbro of course, but if a deal could be struck how cool would it be to buy packs of minis that suit adventures from Dungeon mag? I know the Shackled City adv path could support a large number of minis. Anyway, just some thoughts. I just love themes I guess. I mean I have swapped to generate MANY humanoids (orcs, goblinoids, kobolds, etc) - not for mini warbands - for the copious amounts we use in dnd.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Erik Mona said:
Yes, well, when we're positioned to create pre-painted plastic miniatures, the EN World community will be the first to know.

I agree that a box with 30 pre-painted minis and maps and stuff would be ideal, but Paizo's not really in the same ballpark as Hasbro when it comes to making little bits of colored plastic.

I sympathise here; really I do! (People routinely ask me for Suburban Jungle merchandise that I would love nothing more than to have and sell -- but are way out of my budget to create.) Nevertheless, it's still a major flaw in this particular idea.

There are gazillions of terrific unpainted miniatures. A trip down to Game Parlor to look at the Reaper wall could net me all the nifty unpainted miniatures I could ever want.

But I don't buy them. None.

I buy the plastic pre-paints. They're just way more bang for the buck.

Since WotC isn't doing the pregenerated non-random figs, maybe you could use that concept with after-market WotC figs instead? It's not as splashy, I grant you -- but it might be more likely to actually sell in quantity.

-The Gneech :cool:

MonsterMash

First Post
I like the ninja figures more than the Drow, but I'm no fan of drow. Still waiting to see the sculpts for the next two in the series. It'd be nice to have the character levels for the adventures mentioned in the the product info.

shaylon

First Post
MacMathan said:
The only reservation I have is it seems, to me, that having bare metal minis I have to paint in a set designed to allow a DM to "quickly and efficiently" run a game is counter productive.

I feel the same way. I think that a quick adventure set is an awesome idea, and I love the concept, but I am not much of a painter, so they will look average when I paint them and they will take a while. I would like something I could buy at a Con or FLGS and take home and play. I wouldn't care if they were plastic minis either as long as they were painted.

Oh well, maybe in the future.

-Shay

mcrow

Explorer
Sure, it would be better if they were prepainted minis but this is still a very cool idea. lets not over look here that there are a lot of gamers who like to RP & paint minis. I will be picking up ther first set to see how it looks and if works I will likely buy more. I bet this product will do quite well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads