Paizo and Natural Pengu Partner Up

Paizo announced that they will be partnering with Natural Pengu for VTTs and actual plays. Paizo is partnering with Natural Pengu to bring a new virtual tabletop experience. They are aiming to simplify the world of tabletop roleplaying games for newbies and seasoned players alike, making it so you don't need to juggle multiple browser tabs or spend hours prepping your game. The beginning...

Paizo announced that they will be partnering with Natural Pengu for VTTs and actual plays.

pengu_gaming.jpg

Paizo is partnering with Natural Pengu to bring a new virtual tabletop experience. They are aiming to simplify the world of tabletop roleplaying games for newbies and seasoned players alike, making it so you don't need to juggle multiple browser tabs or spend hours prepping your game.

The beginning of this collaboration is the Player Core Toolkit, releasing on November 15th with early access to coincide with the release of the Remastered Pathfinder Core Books. The Toolkit aims to make character creation a breeze and is the first of three phases for the release of the full-fledged Natural Pengu VTT. Early access will be available for $1.99 a month, but customers who join the mailing list can get the Founder's Subscription plan for $.99 a month when it becomes available.

In addition to being a Virtual Tabletop, Natural Pengu also streams live play adventures and other content. They will be starting a new Pathfinder campaign very soon. Check them out on Twitch or on their YouTube channel!

Dawn Dalton

Dawn Dalton

evildmguy

Explorer
Well, there are over 30 VTTs at last count. Who gets to choose who loses their jobs as you demolish 25 of them? :)
Well, how many are you using? How many could you name before you looked them up? Did you read the list and say, "Oh, okay, I understand why that one was made?" for each of them? Or do they all have the same functions? Care to share the list?

I do think competition is good. So, share the love and let's see what they all bring to a VTT.

ETA: Sorry if this was snarky.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, how many are you using? How many could you name before you looked them up? Did you read the list and say, "Oh, okay, I understand why that one was made?" for each of them? Or do they all have the same functions? Care to share the list?
I did. There’s a thread about it around here somewhere. It’s about a month ago I think. I’m out of town and on my phone though, so somebody else will have to dig it up!

evildmguy

Explorer

Okay, found it.

Fifteen years ago, I used mapTools. Very easy to pull in new assets, maps, etc. I didn't use any character tracker, if they had one then.
d20Pro was my go to VTT at the start of the pandemic. I had used it around '14-'17 and got used to it. I liked it and the dev, who worked with me on several issues.
Foundry is my main one now.

Fantasy Grounds was not intuitive to me. I felt like it was fighting me whenever I went to do anything. Install a map, create an NPC, or write up something never went well so I never used this.
Roll20 I used as a player when a friend ran a game in it but then heard bad things about the owner and didn't go back.

I have tried or looked at a few others but not a deep look at them.

I think the only newer VTT that interested me was Alchemy because it was doing interesting things with Theater of the Mind idea for a VTT. That would fit my style better overall.

Maybe it would have been better to say that after using all of those, following a few more, that I landed on Foundry and it will take something really amazing to get me to leave Foundry.

Thanks for the discussion!

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads