• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo Announces More Details about Minis Line

DumbPaladin

First Post
Whether fair or not, WotC has destroyed a large portion of their customer goodwill.

Whether by design or just luck, Paizo has not.

It's really that simple.

Poor public perception can be repaired, but it takes siginificant and persitent work...sometimes necessarily over a long period of time. It also usually involves a public mea culpa, whether one feels they did anything wrong or not. IMO, I have not seen WotC putting in the effort to reverse this perception.

I can't XP you, dude, but I would have. Someone else made this same point earlier & I need to XP them.

I'll say it more bluntly: there are lots of people who dislike Wizards of the Coast for numerous different reasons. It's not gonna change, so get over it.

But it's not surprising one of the major WotC apologists on EN World is trying to make this a publisher war by ignoring the actual posts in the forum. Numerous people -- myself included -- have said these minis are NOT for them.

I'm sure quite a few of the people who have said that -- myself included -- are actually pro-Paizo, or at the very least, anti-WotC.

Sorry to prove posts claiming there's a double standard are lies ... but, they are. Try to make more convincing lies? :)

S'mon

Legend
Heh... that's how I initially purchased my first giant batch of D&D miniatures. I bought about $120 worth of minis from Auggies, most of which ranged in price from .39 cents to .99 cents. Picked up things like a dozen Chillborn Zombies at something like .59 cents each, thirty to forty PC minis all for less than a dollar apiece, etc.

The commons aren't great obviously... but they were a fantastic base with which to start my collection, giving me more than enough to have most humanoid monster races covered, plenty of undead options, and more than enough animals and insects and the like to cover most needs for encounters. And if you can get close to 200 miniatures for $120 bucks... you gotta love it.

Yeah, back in 2009 I remember getting a big box from Auggies while on US vacation (I won't order from Auggies to the UK as I don't like that they won't give shipping costs when you place order - Troll & Toad don't seem to have that problem). I got a bunch of troglodyte brawlers at 25 cents each! Those were the days; everything seems over $1 now.

IronWolf

blank
Another preview has been added to the Paizo Blog today. These are just the digital renders so the colors are bit non-realistic, but here they are:

Lich.jpg

Medusa.jpg

Dice4Hire

First Post
Personally, I am waiting to see actual photos, to see what they really look like.

Hopefully some are released soon, as they are supposedly only a month from sale.

I just do not trust digital renderings to reflect reality.

IronWolf

blank
Personally, I am waiting to see actual photos, to see what they really look like.

Hopefully some are released soon, as they are supposedly only a month from sale.

I just do not trust digital renderings to reflect reality.

Did you not see the links I posted to the minis from Gen Con that they had on display? I posted them in one of these mini threads. They looked *way* better than these digital renderings. I will see if I can find them again.

Remove ads