• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo Bites- A Rant

LondonReign

First Post
Alzrius said:
Scott, as long as you're here, I wanted to ask some stuff. It was Maglubiyet that wanted that goristro turned back to normal right? Why was a NE god so concerned about a CE creature? Likewise, why focus on one thats petrified on the Prime? Why can't he just snatch one out of the Abyss?

Hey Alzrius,

Well, my logic was that 1) Maglubiyet wanted this tank for his wars, and 2) It was a test for his priest, Murdaget. I would say that he couldn't snatch a live goristro out of the Abyss without pissing off its master and/or the Abyssal powers, but here was on sitting around ready to be refurbished and put into action.

So basically I was focusing on Maglubiyet's desire for war rather than an exact match of alignments. In fact, Murdaget is LE himself.

Scott

qstor

Adventurer
I just wish they had a 1800# where someone actually answers the phone for customer service instead of a long distance number where you leave a message. Other than that, I like the current issues of the magazine.

Mike

WizarDru

Adventurer
LondonReign said:
So basically I was focusing on Maglubiyet's desire for war rather than an exact match of alignments. In fact, Murdaget is LE himself.

Scott
Oh, Scott, while you're here: Thanks! My players enjoyed playtesting 'The Iron Satyr' a great deal. The cover of Dungeon with the Goristo brought back some fond memories of that titanic battle. It was a lot of fun. Kudos, sir. :)

JPL

Adventurer
DocMoriartty said:
You just proved in one sentance that you have no clue what so ever what you are talking about.

It's probably a better insult if you say "sentence" and "whatsoever."

But the irony thing is great, too.

LondonReign

First Post
WizarDru said:
Oh, Scott, while you're here: Thanks! My players enjoyed playtesting 'The Iron Satyr' a great deal. The cover of Dungeon with the Goristo brought back some fond memories of that titanic battle. It was a lot of fun. Kudos, sir. :)

Hi WizarDru,

No, thank you. Hey, as I said at the time, the feedback you and your players gave during play testing was perfect! It helped immensely. One thing I was sad to see didn't make the final version was the greater command ("Jump") trap ;).

I'm working on a "Side Trek" length adventure (with with 3e stat blocks probably means 4,000 words long!), hope to have it put together by June, if you are interested in play testing another.

Cheers,
Scott

neoshade

Explorer
And Another Thing...

I've long been a fan of Dark Sun. Played in it, DM'd in it, read all the novels, have most of the game material. I think it's a great campaign setting. So I was excited when I read that Paizo was going to update it for 3.5E(also wondered how Athas.org would take it considering the time they put into their work). I was a little disappointed.

I don't believe that they have kept to the "...flavor of the world...":
1. Just because some races or classes weren't in the original, doesn't mean it needs to be added.
2. Half-giants were totally hacked from the original version. Same strength as a mul? Give me a break....
3. Paladins?? There is no pantheon. No deities.
4. And one of the biggest gripes I have; 300 years into future yet everything is exactly as it was when Dark Sun was first released?? Explain that! :\
300 years into the timeline and nothing has changed? The Dragon-King of Urik is still alive? Along with others...Unbelieveable...If your going to redo it to such a degree that it looses it's self in the process, then make a NEW Dark Sun set 300 years in the future of the original, in the same world, with the same "flavor" but slightly different to account for the change in the timeline.

~sigh~ I love the publicity that the game is getting. I just think that it could have been done better considering the resources available to Paizo. I guess you have to take the good with the bad, and like any good game of D&D, weed out the stuff you don't want and add the stuff you do. In the end, it's the DM that has the last call.... ;)

Welverin

First Post
neoshade said:
4. And one of the biggest gripes I have; 300 years into future yet everything is exactly as it was when Dark Sun was first released?? Explain that! :\
300 years into the timeline and nothing has changed? The Dragon-King of Urik is still alive? Along with others...Unbelieveable...If your going to redo it to such a degree that it looses it's self in the process, then make a NEW Dark Sun set 300 years in the future of the original, in the same world, with the same "flavor" but slightly different to account for the change in the timeline.

You should take a look at the timeline on WotC's site, there's about two thousand years from the time Rajaat was defeated to the start date of the original box set, so three hundred isn't that significant.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads