• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Paizo/Necromancer] Paizo & Necromancer Announce New Roleplaying Product Partnership

JoeGKushner

First Post
Erik Mona said:
Man, are you cynical or what?

My title is the Eternal Cynic. ;)

Erik Mona said:
Paizo products are indeed in the bookstores, and we are getting more and more penetration every month. The recently released Art of Dragon book has sold ten times as many copies in bookstores as it has in the core hobby channel, and this has also been true of the Shackled City and Dragon Compendium hardcovers. We have not put other books in the book channel because, until very recently, we were not a book publisher.

That's great. You might want to see what's going on in the Chicago land area. I frequent a lot of Borders stores and haven't seen the Dragon Compenium or Shackled City in any of them. Might be that they're always sold out or were only available for a limited time but the Compendium at least should be (in my puny brain mind you), an 'Evergreen' title. If they've got room on the shelf for Complete Warrior...

Erik Mona said:
Our recently announced GameMastery Modules line as well as our new Planet Stories fiction imprint will be sold into the bookstores in huge numbers, and Necromancer products will be solicited to bookstore accounts right alongside them.

We are distributed into the book channel by Diamond Book Distributors, who are a major force in the industry.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

All good news and glad to be proven wrong. :)

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
lmpjr007 said:
So does this mean Necromancer Games is no longer connected to White Wolf?

IIRC, with the merger of White Wolf to another company, their focus has shifted.

City of Brass will be the last NG/WW product.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Doing handsprings here in NJ this morning coming into this news first thing in the morning! Congratulations to both companies, all the best of luck!!

-DM Jeff

Schmoe

Adventurer
Hmm, my favorite D20 companies are Paizo, Necromancer, and Goodman Games. 2 out of 3 ain't bad! Congratulations, that's great news.

Does this mean we may start to see some Necromancer material in the pages of Dragon or Dungeon, or is that content still under the purview of a WotC license? For example, I'd love to see an adventure that builds off the Lost Caverns of Thracia, or a monster ecology article on a Tome of Horrors critter that includes the stat block.

rowport

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
...I don't see Piazo products in Borders or Barnes & Noble...
Joe-

Sorry, man, I respect you but I have to call you on this one. I know that you live in Chicagoland-- and are you telling me that you do not see the Dragon Compendium or Art of Dragon in Borders or B&N?? You are not looking very hard, then, my friend! Seriously, both books are in (at least) the Evanston stores of both sellers, the Lincoln Park stores of both sellers, and the Lakeview Borders.

EDIT: I do think you are right about the first adventure path HC, though; I do not remember seeing that one in the big two booksellers.

Last edited:

Remove ads