• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo no longer publishing Dungeon and Dragon

ZeroGlobal2003

First Post
Let me just add my voice to the chorus of those that are pissed off about this. Dungeon and Dragon are institutions as icon as D&D itself. I've been waiting years to get subscriptions until I had a permanent place to live (moving every six months bites), and when it finally happens this summer, there will be nothing to subscribe to.

I bought my first Dragon before I got my first D&D book for god's sakes.... this makes me angery on every level possible, and I hope that Paizo succeeds beyond any one else's dream's despite this "kick to the junk".

Zero

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Josh,

Any chance you guys will utilize Necromancer Games stuff as a resource too?

Olaf,

That's the way I'm going. Well not subscribing but buying, sure.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
takasi said:
Well I'm glad to know you sat on this news for so long. The movie had been in development for years.

The movie name is going to have more recognition than your magazine probably ever will. You might as well call it 300 magazine. The name is pretty lame IMO.
Anyone dumb enough to confuse the two won't have the ability to buy the book/magazine anyway.

Felon

First Post
You know what I find the most lamentable aspect of all this is? Wizards has a really LOUSY track record when it comes to maintaining their website. It's been painfully clear that the web staff take the weekend off, because if it goes down it's down for a good while.

And we just had a five-day delay on a Star Warys saga edition preview because the one guy with the responsibility (and apparently, capability) to put it up was taking a few days off.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
takasi said:
BTW, you know I really do think the name "Pathfinder" is appropriate (Adventure Path term and all), but you do know that there's a movie out called Pathfinder right?

Couldn't you come up with something more original?

Yes- those bastards at Paizo, trying to cash in on the success of that box office smash!!! :mad:

So- you think the name is appropriate, yet you are diminishing them for using it? There is a "Crap on Paizo" thread, you know.

[EDIT- NM. I see the "Crap" thread has been locked. Guess he couldn't post there.]

Last edited:

takasi

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Hey, I'm the lead member of the team for my newspaper moving us from being a print publication with a Web auxillary to being a Web publication with a print hardcopy. But to imagine that suddenly the cornucopia of good material is going to show up when there hasn't been one in a very long time -- sorry, but Creature Competition is sub-awful, Steal This Hook is a glorified message board post, the monster redesign series hasn't had a new installment in months and the character class series could be renamed "DUH" -- is a half-step away from clapping to keep Tinkerbell alive.[/i]

Now come on it's not that bad. Worse has gone through Dragon. Wil Save? The old Class Acts? (And even some of the new?) Silicon Sorcery? 90% of Polyhedron?

It's not like WotC can't just just copy Paizo's model and continue it online. They have several months before the magazine goes out of print.

And if you want to read it on the toilet then buy a printer.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Felon,

You noticed that too, eh?

Drew,

Tak is kind of a complex guy. He's got a love-hate relationship with himself. ;)

Josh,

Still 300 is cool name. ;)

Tak,

I save my paper for stuff I need, not to use on the toliet.

Remove ads