Pathfinder 2E Paizo Reveals Wayne Reynolds' Pathfinder Remastered Cover Sketches

You'll be able to buy limited edition 'sketch' versions of the core rulebooks

While the final colour pieces won't arrive for a few weeks, Paizo's Erik Mona revealed the cover sketches of the upcoming Pathfinder Remastered core rulebooks while at the GAMA industry trade show yesterday.

In an unsual move, you will actually be able to buy special 'sketch' editions of the books featuring the uncoloured sketch art on the covers from November from game stores worldwide. They won't be available online (except a small number on Paizo.com) or from booktores, and there will only be one print run.

Each of these covers features a new type of official Pathfinder dragon.

PZO2121_PFPlayerCore_Sketch Mock_1200.png
PZO2122_PFGMCore_SketchMock_1200.png

I love these, in part because they stand out dramatically compared to my other PF books.

Any chance these will appear in Pocket Edition, or nah?

Retreater

Legend
As I've previously noted, I think these look like covers for an unfinished, Beta release. Don't like 'em, and I hope that they don't become the standard of Paizo art going forward.

As I've previously noted, I think these look like covers for an unfinished, Beta release. Don't like 'em, and I hope that they don't become the standard of Paizo art going forward.
Pretty sure these are a limited edition cover, and the standard cover will be back to normal though.

AJCarrington

Explorer
From the Paizo blog:

For the first three months of their release, Pathfinder Sketch Cover versions of the new core rulebooks will be available EXCLUSIVELY at hobby retailers worldwide. We will not be offering these editions to online or bookstore retailers, ever! We also do not intend to reprint these editions beyond our modest initial print run. We’ll retain a small number to sell on paizo.com after the 120-day exclusivity period for folks who do not have access to a local game store, but these special editions are intended to support our local game store partners who have been such a big part of Pathfinder’s success since the very beginning. We urge you to communicate your interest in these special books to your local store, so that they can be sure to stock appropriately.

Remove ads

Remove ads