• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo's box of beasts

SiderisAnon

First Post
That's an interesting product that could make me buy another physical product from Paizo. (As opposed to PDFs. I have the core book and GM screen in physical, but while our play group has just about everything in at least one hardback, I'm buying all of my books as PDFs because they're very light on the laptop.)

I do not DM at my home currently, so I've already been looking into stand-up type miniatures that I'd print myself so that I could fold them down and take up less space. Having formal artwork and solid bases would be nice and probably would be worth my picking up the set.

For me, it would come down to volume and weight. Every pound I add is something more I have to carry. It's why my miniature collection just doesn't work for mobile gaming. It's too much to add to what I haul every week.

Looking at the article ICV2, there are two things I would think of as nice additions, perhaps in a supplemental product:

* Some of the bases having different colors so that it would be easier to designate multiple monsters on the field. "The red ones have bows."

* Some way to purchase sets of common monsters that I'm likely to need many of. The set isn't likely to contain the dozen or more giants I need if I'm running a series of adventures against the giants, nor the 20+ orcs for that group raiding the local kingdom. Having a way to buy specifics for a specific need would be nice. (Though I realize that may be getting into a niche market which may simply be more cost effective for PDF and print-your own.)

IronWolf

blank
This looks very cool. I could certainly see using this in my game. Price point seems very good given the number of creatures you would have at your disposal.

Imaro

Legend
Expensive, but less so than getting minis for all of those monsters. I really liked the ones in the Beginner box - although my actual 2500+ mini collection probably means that this product is Not For Me(tm).

Cheers!

At roughly 11 to 12 cents per stand-up... I'm not seeing how this is expensive... especially since Auggies is selling them for 25 cents apiece right now... and there's hardly any D&D minis that are a dollar or less anymore.

EDIT: I have a reasonable collection of minis... but these will be so much better and portable for away games.

Last edited:

JeffB

Legend
YES YES YES! SOLD!

Thank You Erik!

I know I've been begging & groveling for these over on the Paizo BB forum, as have others.

MarkAHart

Explorer
I have a decent collection of miniatures, but a set of stand-up monster counters like this holds a great deal of utility. I can see this being especially helpful for games on the go or at convention games.

I especially like these being stand-ups, rather than counters. My group's gaming tables are pretty large, and flat counters prove difficult for players to easily and quickly see and differentiate.

More awesome stuff from Paizo!

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
At roughly 11 to 12 cents per stand-up... I'm not seeing how this is expensive... especially since Auggies is selling them for 25 cents apiece right now... and there's hardly any D&D minis that are a dollar or less anymore.

EDIT: I have a reasonable collection of minis... but these will be so much better and portable for away games.

Yeah I'm also trying to figure out how $35 for over 300 pawns is expensive. Especially if you were going to buy these as mini's either through random packaging or through the singles market.

I do not have a huge collections of plastic preprinted miniatures so this? At this price point is like GOLD.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads