• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo's GameMastery, where's the hubbub?

Sleepy Voiced

First Post
I know I have been caught up in the excitement over things announced at GAMA: Iron Lore, Colossal At-ATs, Shackled City HC, Best of Dragon, etc. But the announcement Paizo made about their new line, GameMastery (http://paizo.com/paizo/news/v5748eaic9jwx), seems to have no discussion at all.
This seems like a really cool product to me. Each scenario comes with metal miniatures and map cards, cool. First scenario deals with dark elves, cool (I know not for everyone, but I like 'em still). And best, it lists the whole package at $14.95. That seems awfully reasonable.
So I guess my question is: Am I alone in thinking this sounds like a super-cool line?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Had I known about it, I might make a bigger deal. :) Sounds interesting, and a good idea for those DM's who want something they can pop in a game with little prep time (for those who prefer a lot of prep with their games before running them). I'll check into them when they are actually released, and see if they're for me.

Mystery Man

First Post
The GameMastery line will debut in the summer of 2005 with Compleat Encounter: Dark Elf Sanctum ($14.95), which offers GameMasters everything they need to run a complete short encounter—including unique high-quality metal miniatures, four double-sided map cards that join together to form a gridded encounter map, and a complete encounter utilizing the Open Gaming License—all in one package.

Hopefully someone from editing will catch on to the correct way to spell "complete" before it goes to print.

kenobi65

First Post
Mystery Man said:
Hopefully someone from editing will catch on to the correct way to spell "complete" before it goes to print.

Obviously you never read "The Compleat Enchanter", by L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt -- one of the classics of fantasy literature.

"Compleat" is an archaic spelling, but still used with some frequency. I imagine they're using that spelling for that very reason.

Garnfellow

Explorer
kenobi65 said:
Obviously you never read "The Compleat Enchanter", by L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt -- one of the classics of fantasy literature.

"Compleat" is an archaic spelling, but still used with some frequency. I imagine they're using that spelling for that very reason.

I think the real antecedent is Izaak Walton's "The Compleat Angler" from 1653.

"Compleat" remains such a common spelling that I've seen some dictionaries that don't even tag it as an archaic variant.

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
I'm looking very forward to it. It sounds like everything you need to play and very much like something I was just saying would never happen when talking about adventurers. I am surprised that they're metal figures though.

Sleepy Voiced

First Post
Yeah, the metal miniatures are what really surprised me about this. I wonder how many there are in each set, and the quality of the sculpts.
This whole thing seems like an idea I've seen thrown around for awhile, I hope it works out to be as good as it sounds.

Mystery Man

First Post
kenobi65 said:

Meh, looks wrong.

Remove ads