D&D 5E Paladins and Find Steed- the Poll!

Is Find Steed a Core Paladin Ability?

• Absolutely. Find Steed is the Horse-y Divine Smite.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Sure. It's, like, necessary for being smug.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Meh. It's like cure light wounds, or something, but with a horse.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Not really. I use my spell slots smiting.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • No. Paladins don't need a mount to ride in on their high horse.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I once saw a Paladin riding a gnome. I'm laughing so hard I can't answer the poll.

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Poll closed .

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I love lowkey's unbridled enthusiasm, but his studding of paladins is getting a bit much.

Time to rein it in before he is put out to pasture by others jockeying for position as mega-paladin posters.

Oofta

Legend
Before this thread gets put out to pasture, I just thought I'd pony up and share my horse sense. I know this is a shoe-in for beating a dead horse but I thought maybe I could spur some conversation. I know lowkey13 will probably just corral this conversation and rein me in.

Why cant the mount get any more horsepower as the paladin levels up? We have some rules that we use for our home game, the mane idea being to buck the trend of animals not being useful in combat. Having a standard stallion is just lame. They'll do in a cinch, but is that good enough? Neigh!

I won't trot out all our rules, no reason to saddle you with them. Basically we draft rules based on the character and don't lasso them into one creature out of the gait. As a paladins abilities mount, so do the steed's.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Sometimes, I think people are just creating posts to hurt me, man.

I am a D&D player. Hath not a D&D player eyes to see his character sheet?

Hath not a D&D player hands to roll his dice, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions ... passions for D&D?

Fed with the same pizza and beer as you, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as players of Gnomes and Paladins are?

If you prick me, do I not bleed?
If you tickle me, do I not laugh?
If you poison me, do I not die?

...and if you wrong me with more shaggy dog posts about gnomes and paladins, shall I not revenge with another Paladin poll?

attachment.php

The retired Gnome Paladin, Cormac "Papa" Bontiforth Regiwallace Hornstooth Saribel Nuada Parsimonus Vandrake Fribblesnicker gives unwelcome counsel to his grand-daughter, Nemain Brunhild Redwhistle Fornsworth Nialla Harrimont Branwen Fribblesnicker, who has sworn an Oath of Vengeance for the foul murder of her bunny Steed, "Turtle".

attachment.php
Death of A Loyal Friend

Her cause is just! Her sword is true! Her name is variable! HER VENGEANCE WILL BE SWIFT!!

<cue Opeth track>

Attachments

• Belgian Gnomes.jpg
    Belgian Gnomes.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 1,987
  • gnomette grief.jpg
    gnomette grief.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 981

Remove ads