• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paper templates for creature size?

Stormrunner

Explorer
Wolffenjugend said:
Anyone know a good source for paper templates that I can print out and use as bases for large/huge/gargantuan/colossal creatures?
If you just need a size indicator, without the stiffness of cardboard, pick up one of those flipcharts that are ruled in 1" squares. They run about $20-25 for a 50-sheet pad, are great for disposable maps, and you can cut them up to your hearts content. I use them for templates for spell radii, "sectional" maps that I can lay down room-by-room as the party explores...

Eye Tyrant

First Post
Wolffenjugend said:
Anyone know a good source for paper templates that I can print out and use as bases for large/huge/gargantuan/colossal creatures?

Yeah try the 3.5 DMG, in the back there are illustrations that I used to make my own templates. No need to spend 20 bucks... just buy a .99 cent piece of poster board and cut them out of that... works great at my games, and cheap too!

Warhoon

Explorer
I had some of those dark green hanging files laying around the house. They're stiff enough to stand up to punishment and easy to store.

Used a simple ruler to measure out 1" per 5' square. A handy pair of scissors did the rest.

We use the sticky-tack putty stuff to attach counters/illustrations/minis to the sized base.

Works like a charm. Easy to switch-out bases when enlarge or other size changes come into play. Easy to re-use over the course of a session without carrying around dozens of the things.

Remove ads