• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paragon Path Optimization

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I didn't see anything like this up yet, but if there's already a thread, please direct me and I'll post there instead. Thanks.

Here are some tricks using the multi-class feats + a Paragon Path of a different class.

Paramount Duelist: Dex+Str Rogue, Fighter feat -> Kensei. Take Rapier proficiency and Fighter multi-class feat. Simple and stylish.

Hexhammer: Con+Str Warlock (infernal), Fighter feat -> Iron Vanguard. Heals as he slaughters. Details here.

Lightbringer: Cha+Wis Paladin, Cleric feat -> Radiant Servant. Crit on a 19 with an At-Will at level 11? Yes, please! The area attacks are decent, too, but they do rely on Wisdom. Dragonborn recommended so you have the stats to spread around.

Cleric Archer: Wis+Dex Cleric with a bow (and thus an elf), Ranger feat -> Battlefield Archer. Oh, you can only use Hunter's Quarry once per encounter? Now you can use it on a number of targets equal to your Wisdom bonus. Even if it gets nerfed down to one round, you can still use it to good effect with an area attack, since you're a Cleric. And the synergy with the Daily 16 power is insane -- designate up to Wis bonus opponents with your Hunter's Quarry, then attack all of them with your bow for 3[w] + knock prone. Finally, the Utility 12 power is also insane: every encounter, when you drop a foe to 0 hp, you get a free Action Point which you must spend before the end of your next turn.

That's all I've got for now.

Cheers, -- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Yergi said:
For the Hexhammer, wouldn't you need to get Hide Proficiency before you could get Chainmail Proficiency?
Warlocks start out with Leather proficiency. Re-read the Chainmail feat. :)

Cheers, -- N

Peter LaCara

Explorer
Here's my ultra stabbity Rogue/Ranger (Daggermaster) that I posted over in the TWF thread. Since Daggermasters crit on an 18-20, the idea is to get a bunch of ranger powers to crit as often as possible. The added mobility from the ranger powers is nice as well.

[sblock=Half-Elf Rogue/Ranger (Daggermaster) 12]
Str 17 Con 16 Dex 19 Int 11 Wis 9 Cha 17

Hp 83, Bloodied 41
Surge 20, Per Day 9

Initiative +10, Speed 6

Skills:
Acrobatics +15
Athletics +14
Bluff +14
Endurance +14
Stealth +18
Streetwise +14
Thievery +14
Diplomacy +11

Race:
Group Diplomacy

Class:
First Stike
Artful Dodger
Rogue Weapon Talent
Sneak Attack (+3d6)
Hunter's Quarry 1/enc (+2d6)

Paragon:
Daggermaster's Action (spend an AP to reroll a dagger attack or dmg)
Daggermaster's Precision (daggers crit on an 18-20)

Feats:
Two Weapon Fighting
Two Weapon Defense
Agile Athlete
Evasion
Warrior of the Wild
Novice Power
Adept Power
Acolyte Power

Basic Attacks:
Daggers +16vAC; 1d4+7
Shuriken (6/12) +13vAC; 1d6+4

At Will:
Piercing Strike +17vRef; 1d4+8
Sly Flourish +17vAC; 1d4+11

Encounter:
Positioning Strike +17vWill; 1d4+8 and slide 1
Claws of the Griffon +16vAC, 2 atks; 2d4+7/1d4+7
Twin Strike +16vAC; 1d4+4/1d4+3
Bait and Switch +17vWill; 2d4+8, switch places with target then shift 3
Critical Opportunity (minor, must have crit target this turn) +17vAC; 3d4+8

Daily:
Easy Target +17vAC; 2d4+8, target slowed and grants combat advantage (save ends); miss: 1/2 dmg and grants combat advantage until end of next turn
Two Wolf Pounce +16vAC, 2 atks; 2d4+7/1d4+7; Eff: shift 2, make secondary attack: +16vAC; 2d4+4
Knockout +17vFort; 2d8+8, target knocked unconscious (save or damage ends); miss: 1/2 dmg and target dazed until end of next turn

Utility:
Meditation of the Blade (daily minor) increase dagger dmg to d6s
Expeditious Stride (encounter minor) until end of next turn, increase speed by 4 and may shift 1 additional square
Ignoble Escape (encounter move) cancel a mark, shift 6
Master of Deceit (encounter free) reroll a Bluff check

Gear:
Twin Magic Daggers +3
Leather Elven Battle Armor +3 (+5 to saves against being slowed or immobilized; encounter minor: +2 speed until end of next turn)
Elven Cloak +3 (+3 stealth)
Shurikens
Adventurer's Kit
Thieves Tools[/sblock]

Remove ads