• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paragon Sorcerer advice

Diirk

First Post
... and since it stacks with Expertise, it projects deep into ZOMG TEH BROKENZ territory by 11th level.

Cheers, -- N

Why 11th ? Neither expertise nor draconic spellcaster change from 5th to 14th, so its not really until 15th that it starts to get a little broken.

I say a little because while it was obviously a mistake (should have just been a flat +1 to hit... and so should the eagle eye goggles), it still leaves implement users less accurate than weapon users (even leaving aside all the highly accurate weapon vs NAD powers) most of the time, so its only really an imbalance vs other implement users.

Diirk

First Post
If it is allowed, get a frost dagger as one of your implements - ask your DM beforehand if it works with wintertouched and such things. That way you can pick any powers you want and have them deal cold damage. If you cannot use a frost weapon, it is not a huge loss - just take mostly cold powers.

I'd really recommend against this, or you open up all sorts of crazy abuse.

Eg Cold powers (admixture burning spray/blazing starfall), Radiant weapon, multiclass to paladin for Morninglord prestige class, grab a holy symbol of pure light (think thats the name), wintertouched/lasting frost etc... enjoy your 20 extra damage a round per mob hit, from vulnerabilities*.

Bonus points for powers that do damage more than once (eg ongoing damage, flaming spiral, blazing starfall aura etc). Cosmic sorcerer recommended as it can pierce cold or the much rarer radiant resist.

*Conditions apply.

Theroc

First Post
DM has allowed Frost weapon's at will to allow me to change my power element to cold. So, I'll definitely be taking that as a weapon.

Remove ads