• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV Paramount+ Orders 8-episode D&D TV Show

According to Deadline, an 8-episode TV show has been ordered by Paramount+. The pilot epidode of this Dungeons & Dragons TV show was written by Rawson Mashall Thurber (Red Notice) who will also direct that episode. Apparently multiple networks were interested in the show, with Paramount+ winning out. The show is a partnership between Paramount+ and eOne, Hasbro's studio. Hasbro is currently...

According to Deadline, an 8-episode TV show has been ordered by Paramount+. The pilot epidode of this Dungeons & Dragons TV show was written by Rawson Mashall Thurber (Red Notice) who will also direct that episode.

Apparently multiple networks were interested in the show, with Paramount+ winning out.

The show is a partnership between Paramount+ and eOne, Hasbro's studio. Hasbro is currently in the process of selling eOne.

Dungeons-Dragons-Next-Edition-Out-Summer-2014-3306681213.jpg

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
You know what is prime? The way our boy sits in chairs.

star trek picard GIF

You do know he does that because Frakes has an injury, and it would be out of character Riker to go "ooch ooch ouch" every time he sits down?

Way more slick than the Picard Maneuver.

He did say it was because of a back injury, but also he's really tall.

I think as we get older many of us pull an unheroic grimace when we sit down, even shortstacks like me! On the positive side, I can pass as ferengi.

A challenge, aged 20: fight a legion of orcs/klingons.

A challenge, aged 60: sit in a chair.

All the Yellowstone spinoffs like 1883 and 1923 are there (both great shows). That showrunners new show Tulsa King is there too. All the Star Treks are there as well.

They added 5M subscribers in a single quarter last quarter. That service is smoking hot right now in the streaming wars.

Top Gun Maverick is there too.

Considering Rawson Marshall Thurber's track record of movies starring the Dwayne Johnson and Dodgeball, I predict a TV show about a competitive Goat-Ball league starring Johnson as a Goliath.

Which, honestly, doesn't sound half-bad. Though if we were going to see a fantasy sports movie, I'd think Blood Bowl would be ahead of Goat-Ball.

In all seriousness, doing Dragonlance as a TV show or a live-action D&D Cartoon would be pretty darn great.
As much as I love Blood Bowl, X-Crawl would really be the best option for fantasy sports. Televised dungeon crawling in a world where President Reagan has an intelligent sword as an advisor, and apparently the Roman Pantheon was never replaced? Always loved that in Xcrawl, monks could use a baseball bat to hit grenades back at people

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
My favorite episode of D&D Trek is when they go to that Domain of Dread where everybody is an 1800s Irish person and the resident cleric Beverly Crusher has relations with an alien/ghost who was also romantically involved with her grandma days before.
I saw an article comparing this episode to Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches, asserting that TNG kinda just "filed off the serial numbers" of that story. :unsure:

Edited to add: Here is the story on Nerdist (spoilers for both stories, obviously):

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

Please be Dragonlance.
Please be Dragonlance.
Please be Dragonlance.
Please be Dragonlance.
Please be Dragonlance.
Please be Dragonlance.

Will also except an updated live action version of the old cartoon.
It will almost certainly be Forgotten realms, to help build that brand.

X-Crawl would be awesome. I think there even was a pitch for a movie at some point in the past.

As much as I love Blood Bowl, X-Crawl would really be the best option for fantasy sports. Televised dungeon crawling in a world where President Reagan has an intelligent sword as an advisor, and apparently the Roman Pantheon was never replaced? Always loved that in Xcrawl, monks could use a baseball bat to hit grenades back at people

Remove ads

Remove ads