Paridon Book II: A Taste For Power (IC)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Ru notes the sounds of his compatriots reverberating off the walls in the distance...

Eugene sends the torch down the tunnel. There is something lightly heard, like a scuttle, but the light illuminates a slender continuation of the tunnel, rounding a bend and sloping downward. Nothing can be seen other than dirt.

The bag continues to quiver, and worms still trickle out of it. Opening the bag, it is, as expected, filled with writhing masses of worms, easily at least a hundred pounds of worms.

Rhun

First Post
"Strange indeed," says Skyler, viewing the contacts of the sack. "Well, this is most certainly evidence. We should take it, and rejoin the others."

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, barbaric human monk

Ru stiffens and says, "I hear them. I think they must be close. Skyler! Eugene! Can you hear us?" he calls out.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Skyler and Eugene hoist the sack. It shifts its weight, as if it were alive itself, but between the two police, the sack can be brought to the light.

Rhun

First Post
Skyler helps Eugene carry the strange sack back to the sewer entrance, where he takes a few moments to explain to the rest of Rose Company exactly what they had found.

jkason

First Post

Ru's face is blank as the pair explain exactly what it is they're carrying.

"If the worms are acting oddly ... cohesive in that sack, they might better tell us what's going on that what we collected from the privy," he says. He makes sure the gloves in his traveler's outfit are firmly in place before helping hoist the sack back out to the street.

"Anyone see a cart we might commandeer? Not sure I want this on my or anyone else's shoulders for very long."

jkason

First Post

Ru's initial searching for a cart turns up a peddler, with a portable shop offering trinkets and pretty stones.

Ru speaks to the peddler, doing his best to be polite but authoritarian (like so many other aspects of his life, he felt the tension of the contradictory principles at work with a certain unease).

"Citizen, I fear the constabulary has an urgent need for your cart. I can return it in short order, but we're losing precious time in our hunt for a vicious killer."

Rhun

First Post
Skyler moves up behind Ru, but let's his companion handle the negotiation with the peddler for use of his cart.

Remove ads