Paridon Book II: A Taste For Power (IC)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
118653287_f769bc53f4.jpg

The tinker and his cart.

"Eh? I ain't done nothing, officer, it's all me own pride and property!" the salesman responds, reflexively.

After a moment, he calms down, looks around, and replies, nervously, "Eh, of course, always welcome to help a good officer of the law, no question, it's all the help I can give..."

As the bag is wrestled into the cart, the tinker senses a new source of fear. "Cor, what is--no, never mind, I shan't ask..." In silence, he finishes transporting the sack to headquarters, staying silent all the way.

At HQ, Gis stands, and calls out, "Calahan! Get that sack to Hieran, NOW! We'll need a full analysis on its contents! The rest of you, in the office, now. I need a full report!"

3799321372_37b75c401a.jpg

Gis paces in his office, concerned.

"So, I hear that Lord D'Marosso is dead, something about worms. What do you know? And how did he seem before he left?"

Gis clutches at his stomach, as if feeling for something.

[sblock=Photo credit]
Photo of rag and bone man by *Firefox.
Photo in Warwick Castle Dungeon by marcus3595.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Eugene pays the peddler 5 gp for the ride.

"Thank you, goodman. We wouldn't ask if it wasn't really important. You helped the city today. Have a good day."

In the office, Eugene observes Gis with some worry.
Alchemy; Knowledge(Nature); Knowledge(local) (1d20+6=8, 1d20+1=21, 1d20+5=9)
He racks his brain trying to remember if anything like this happened in the city or if he heard from his elders in the tribe. He even tries to find the reference in his extensive alchemical studies.

Silently, he switches his fiery aura on, hoping that if someting is hurting Gis inside it will incinerate like outside attackers.

OOC: I realize this may be not intended use of the aura, but it would be interesting to see if we can heal Gis faster then he can burn from inside. Since Eugene can't do anything to heal him this is best I've got. Ofcourse I'm not paranoid, Gis is just having bad day and an ulcer

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, barbaric human monk

"So, I hear that Lord D'Marosso is dead, something about worms. What do you know? And how did he seem before he left?"

Gis clutches at his stomach, as if feeling for something.

Ru shakes his head. "It seems to have been some kind of worm ... swarm, I suppose," Ru says. "Though it's still unclear their source, and the worms we found, while aggressive, certainly don't seem fully capable of having done ... what they did in the time it took them. The lord was quite full of himself, in more ways than one, and complained of some kind of indigestion. We suspected the food, but none of us seem to have been affected, and at least insofar as we could tell looking through the kitchen, nothing there was suspicious.

"Well, no more suspicious than the bulk of the man's culinary experiments, that is.

"In any case, his death occured in the privvy,and Eugene and Skyler encountered something or someone in the sewers, so we don't know for certain if the attack came from inside the lord or, well, below him."

Rhun

First Post
"It was quite horrific, Captain," adds Skyler to Ru's report. "Eugene and I did pursue a humanoid form through the sewers, and it was from that...er, "being," that we were able to get the bag. The being itself got away, squeezing through tunnels smaller than a human has a right to fit in." The knight shakes his head. "I thrust my sword into it with little affect, and Eugene blasted it with flames, but it still managed to evade us."

Theroc

First Post
Rhiannon looked down, realizing she hadn't been much help in the investigation, but also was not used to such gory scenes or paranormal investigations. She was used to finding people, hunting people, and dragging them to whoever wanted them found.

"Perhaps if it was indeed the food, it would take time for the worms to... you know... get to sufficient numbers to do such a thing. Lord D'Marosso partook far more of the food than any of we did, and so... we may indeed have the same problem, had we eaten from his food. But... then again, it may have come from the sewers into the privy as well, and the creatures intended to clean up the mess... ugh... This wasn't what I had in mind when I accepted this position..." She drifted off, fighting another bought of nausea as the images came back to her mind.

Remove ads