• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paridon Book II: A Taste For Power (IC)

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, barbaric human monk

Father Berman holds up a hand.

"Listen. I have nothing against the use of 'enhanced interrogation' techniques on Alek, but the first step must be to interview Pigglemorth. He is the only witness who is willing to cooperate. I have good reasons for my suspicions, but right now we are trying to feel our way around in the dark. Pigglemorth's testimony should shed enough light on the situation for us to know how to proceed."

"There's a secondary problem," Ru offers. "Given what Pigglemorth did to his own daughter, I'm not sure how credible a witness he makes. It seems fairly easy for a master manipulator like Alek to simply paint him as a madman whose testimony is completely unreliable. If Pigglemorth can't point us to some concrete evidence, I fear that--however much we might resist the idea--we may have to let Alek return to his life."

As he says the last, Ru's gaze falls warily to Father Berman.

"Of course, getting our hands on the source of the drug might just provide that proof."

kinem

Adventurer
"I am sure I can present Pigglemorth as a reliable witness. That is one reason I want to interview him personally. If it becomes a contest of he said - he said between the two gnomes, then it should be no contest at all - Alek is an obvious smooth talking liar. The judge will see it that way, no doubt.

As for just letting Alek return to his life - that is never going to happen." Father Berman stares straight at Ru. Absentmindedly he strokes his dragon pistol.

"It is possible that the drug production was done at Combledorn Manor, which was burned down perhaps to cover it up. But we don't know that yet. The interrogations may shed light on that."

Tiali

First Post
Ah... I be understanding says Cliff, to attempt to hide his complete and total confusion of the situation. So Alek be the bad guy and this Pigglemouth be the good guy? Well then... He finishes the last few bites of his meal in a hurry. The day's a'wasting, and we got us some 'questionin' to do.

He stands up, hikes up his pants, and tucks his beard into his belt again. Lets be going. We can get in a few 'ours o' work before this lord 'as 'is meetin.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Father Berman says "Oh, they're both bad guys, have no doubt of that. But Pigglemorth might yet be saved. He regrets what he did to his daughter.

But yes, let's get started."

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, barbaric human monk

"As for just letting Alek return to his life - that is never going to happen." Father Berman stares straight at Ru. Absentmindedly he strokes his dragon pistol.

Ru tilts his head to one side, neck cracking in response, but says nothing further. As the others move to question Pigglemorth, he goes with them, though anyone paying close enough attention might notice that he's careful to make sure at least one other constable is between himself and the pistol-toting Father at all times.

Theroc

First Post
Rhiannon nodded quietly, taking a final bite from the fruit basket and sip from her tea before rising herself, ready to listen in on the questioning.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'll listen from the outside, I still think one should be able to pass unrecognized as policeman. Those two could know me by sight, but probably not as a law enforcer."

OOC: active sense aura, everyone gets +2 to listen, spot and initiative

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Rhiannon nods at Darian's comment. A tear wells up into her eye--a result of the blushing, no doubt.

[sblock=for Darian]
She knows Ru, but doesn't realize it.
[/sblock]

Everyone heads down into the bowels of the dungeon, to the cells.

38094144_a13ee89069.jpg

The dungeon cells.

Underground, a woman's wails fill the hallway. Standing near the entrance, a surly, bearded human in enforcer garb chomps at the end of a cigar. With a wry, twisted smile, he says, "That's Torhan's girl. She's been crying and wailing all morning." With a chuckle, he adds, "Your girl's much more quiet, Darian."

As the man heads upstairs out of the dungeon, he looks at Rhiannon and adds, "Ma'am. Name's Fitch. Let me know if you need any help with that crew you're attached to."

The jailer shakes his head. His graying hair is cut short, and he wears a tight-fitting, unadorned plate armor. "Welcome to the dungeons, I'm Mogson, and don't let Fitch color your view of us. You're here to see who? Pigglemorth? Yes, right this way."

Paying no attention to Sasha's calls, Mogson opens Pigglemorth's cell and steps back, out of the way.

3162319134_e69c4c11fc.jpg

Pigglemorth's cell.

Inside, a small man, sits cowered. Still dressed in a workman's leather apron, he sits among the filth on the floor, looking up to see who enters, eyes registering only some familiarity. He says nothing.

[sblock=credits]
Photos by hbomb and gCarraig.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Without pause, Skyler steps into the cell. He takes a quick look around, and then steps out of the way to let his fellow constables past him. He remains quiet, staring at Pigglemorth, his hand on the hilt of his blade. His face is stern as he simply stares at the man, his obsidian black eyes promising things that could only be unpleasant.

Intimidate +9 to an Aid Another attempt by whichever constable is going to question Pigglemorth.

Remove ads