• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paridon: The Dark Metropolis (Ravenloft)

"Oh... Ooooh..."

Calahan will instinctively push Darian behind him and unlock the trigger to his gun.

"Seems we have company, guys!"

Getting down to one knee, Calahan will aim at the stairway with his loaded flamethrower, ready to shoot at anything that tries to get upstairs...

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human monk

Ru, hearing the voice, quickly turns to discern its source. Gods, we sent the guard back. If she's here, how many did she go through on the way?

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Adavals, darling..." Darian tries to hide the uneasiness in his voice. This can't turn out well. "Dear, your daddy wants us to go outside now, okay? Come now, come along." He holds his hand out toward the exit, and manages to squeeze a nervous smile through his pursed lips.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
(Music: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvF2PREDg68"]Freeway Score[/ame] by Danny Elfman)

At first, nothing is apparent in the clocktower's entryway. Only the stone, the metal frame. Yet then, parts of the frame begin to move. Armatures, gears, beams articulate in concert. The new Adalavas' head lowers into view, and her battered, scorched, bloody wedding dress fade into view.

"Yes, policeman, you can go. You belong in the city," Ada replies. "But Daddy still has a job to do here. He needs to stay. He needs to fix everything. Everything is so much better now."

Pigglemorth looks at Ru and Perrin in fear. "Adalavas, dear," he calls tremulously, "Everything is fixed here. Go along home. Stay at home as I asked you to. You are a good girl, are you not?"

"I am," she replies with eerie confidence. "And a good girl always makes sure her Daddy is feeling well. Always makes sure her Daddy doesn't give up everything he has worked for. Always makes sure her Daddy's works still stand strong."

Adalavas' head twitches. "Don't worry, Daddy, I can fix you."

I am not the only one pointing my gun at her, right?

His trusted rifle between the bizarre golem in the wedding dress and his friends,
Calahan will wait what happens...

SHoud Adavas move any closer to any of the policemen, he'll shoot her.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The hairs on Darian's neck stand on their end as Ada makes her grand entrance through the churning gears. This tower is alive, he thinks to himself. What is it? he asks the voices in his head, his paranoia coming to an unnerving crescendo. He reaches slowly into his pocket and draws out a single card...

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, barbaric human monk

Ru says nothing for a moment, guaging the distances and risks, weighing his options, shoving down on the primal rush of fight or flight pounding in his ears.

((OOC: I'm thinking about having Ru jump to Pigglemorth, but I have only a vague sense of where everything is in relation to everything else. So, a list of questions that constitute what Ru is "weighing" as he looks round:

How far a jump would it be to Pigglemorth?

Is there room to get a running start for the jump?

Where is Ada in relation to all of us? Closer to us, to Pigglemorth, right in the middle? (i.e. would Ru have to jump past Ada to get to Pigglemorth?)

I think that's it for now. Ru has his bow, but drawing it at this time would probably seem too obviously aggressive as a move, so he'll keep it away for now))

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
(OOC: Ru and Perrin are at the top of the stairs, about 70' up. Pigglemorth is about 10' away, in the clock mechanism, but is approacching the two of them. Darian, Calahan, and Fr. Berman are on the stairs, about 10' below the others. At the base of the stairs is Ada. It is hard to make out just how much space she is taking up down there.)

Remove ads