Parting Gifts: Ch 1 - Dusk - IC

*A working class male leans lazily against the outer wall of the Roasted Boar Tavern, whistling off key as he tosses a copper piece into the air and catches it. He's dressed in a non-descript brown shirt and baggy breeches. A map of straw yellow hair and dull hazel eyes seem to wander over the whole of the viewing area but focus on nothing. As his head bobs in time to the spinning coin you can see a blood red feather tucked into the left half of the fabric. He gives a knowing nod and smirk to the approaching graybeard.*

"You have my greetings and good eve woodsman, tell me does yon moon portend a peaceful meal this night?"

Jemal

Adventurer
The hooded figure in the corner leans back as the orcs depart, nobody having noticed the bow that had magically appeared in her hand, and was now gone. The elven lass had to use her magical disguise when she went out, being the most easily recognizable elf for several leagues, but if those filthy pigs had attempted to harm anyone, she'd have gladly thrown away her disguise and placed arrows in each of their stinking eyes. The threat had passed for now, however, and they were gone.

Kurina pondered following them, a rush of air that none of them would notice and she'd be on the rooftops, but no.. she had friends to meet, and the orcs didn't seem likely to cause any trouble... yet.

Shayuri

First Post
Clutching Yggdrasil said:
*A working class male leans lazily against the outer wall of the Roasted Boar Tavern, whistling off key as he tosses a copper piece into the air and catches it. He's dressed in a non-descript brown shirt and baggy breeches. A map of straw yellow hair and dull hazel eyes seem to wander over the whole of the viewing area but focus on nothing. As his head bobs in time to the spinning coin you can see a blood red feather tucked into the left half of the fabric. He gives a knowing nod and smirk to the approaching graybeard.*

"You have my greetings and good eve woodsman, tell me does yon moon portend a peaceful meal this night?"

The old man stops and turns a little to peer at this man with gimlet eyes. Abruptly he sighs and shakes his head...giving his staff an accusing poke at him.

"Yggdrasil's roots, boy, what are you doing, talking like a damn fool like that? I just about mistook you for a bard and split your scalp with my staff." He 'hmphs' and gathers his robe around himself, tightning his belt. "Woodsman indeed."

"At any rate, I see by the lack of slackjawed locals that I've missed our future king's entreaty to drunken farmers and other political beasts. What a pity." He doesn't sound terribly sorry. "Lets find out what this place serves in the stead of palatable drinks, eh?"

sans

First Post
A small figure catches up to Old Man just as Coin Tosser addresses the druid. From a not so far distance, a stranger might mistake the shorter person for the old man's grandchild. The words the short one speaks next might reinforce that misconception:

"There your are, Grandfather!"

However, upon closer inspection, the short one is obviously a halfling, an adult one. His face is wizened and scared from many battles. But after the war, who didn't have a few scars? The halfling is dressed in all shades of red: crimson, scarlet, apple, maroon, merlot, blood...

"Greetings, Zach."

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
"I don't know about the meal. But to these old eyes the moon this eve portends naught but strife." Haessellekh's somber tones drift in from behind the old man and the halfling in answer to Zacharia's question of a minute ago. She looks as she has always looked since that fateful day when a gruesome head wound on the battlefield freed her from a millennium of Sasoguese compulsion. The scar appeared fresh, running from just above her eye up her bald pate and back nearly to her neck. The Seer's facial features are a disturbing contrast, childlike and delicate, almost elfin. She wears a rugged gray smock, stained with mysterious substances, and a utilitarian wool cloak.

"Trouble stirs, but the sight of you all eases my heart."

Last edited:

Shayuri said:
The old man stops and turns a little to peer at this man with gimlet eyes. Abruptly he sighs and shakes his head...giving his staff an accusing poke at him.

"Yggdrasil's roots, boy, what are you doing, talking like a damn fool like that? I just about mistook you for a bard and split your scalp with my staff." He 'hmphs' and gathers his robe around himself, tightning his belt. "Woodsman indeed."

"At any rate, I see by the lack of slackjawed locals that I've missed our future king's entreaty to drunken farmers and other political beasts. What a pity." He doesn't sound terribly sorry. "Lets find out what this place serves in the stead of palatable drinks, eh?"

*Zach widens his smirk and slips the clipped copper into some hidden pouch of the disguise. He gives a nod of greeting to Yolo and a deep bow to the Arcansit.*

"Split my scalp Grandfather? you'd have to catch me first. Salutations Yolo, Haessellekh. A drink and the company of friends could be just what the priest orisons, I agree."

*Zach swivels from his position to hold open the door for his friends to pass. In the greater shade of the door his disguise drops away to reveal a slender knight, tall for an elf, with shoulder length black hair. Zach is outfitted in scarlet and black chain mail that remains silent in the night breeze, a falchion half as large as the man himself hangs at his side. Even for one of the fair folk his limbs are long and thin almost to the point of distention. Behind his high cheekbones and delicate facial features are sea green slitted eyes.*

sans

First Post
Obviously in a good mood, Yolo enters trough the opened doors, "Why thank you Zach."

Glancing around the tavern, the short halfling looks for the last member of their party. Unfortunately, due to Yolo's short stature, he has trouble seeing past the larger people surrounding him.

"Is she here already? All I can see are bellies, butts and crotches... O wait, there she is."

Yolo greets the elf as he takes a seat next to her, "Good evening, Kurina."

kinem

Adventurer
Inside the tavern, people are still cleaning up. It looks like a bar brawl has taken place here, as there are shards of glass on the floor amid spilt beer. As is common in the better taverns, the room is lit by a continual flame dancing on a ceiling fixture.

There are four people that look like they work here, because they all wera the same green uniform with the roasted boar logo on the front - a middle aged man, two younger men, and a somewhat cute brown haired woman. There are half a dozen other humans here, five men and a woman. All have dour expressions. In a corner sits a lone, hooded figure (who Yalo approached and greeted).

One of the young uniformed males approaches the newcomers. "Please excuse the mess; we had some trouble but they left. What can I get you?"

Jemal

Adventurer
Kurina grins down at the halfling beside her, pushing back her hood and releasing her disguise.. Now that the were all together she could relax.. "Well met, dear friends. You missed a bit of a stir a few moments ago, but fortunately none were hurt." The beautiful elf maiden inclined her head to her friends, her long red hair spilling over her shoulders, and her long robe magically transforming into a revealing vest and skirt that tended to leave men speechless. She has no visible weaponns(And few places to hide them), save a quiver full of arrows on her belt.

She reached out one hand, covered in long elegant silk gloves, and poured some wine for those that drank.

Shayuri

First Post
Grandfather goes to sit at Kurina's table, staff thunking heavily on the floorboards as he limps over. He waves a hand exasperatedly and takes a seat.

"To be expected, to be expected... Spread a message of hate and intolerance among too many drunk and fundamentally stupid people, and you'll spark a bar brawl or three." He grunts and lays his staff across his lap. "If it goes no farther than that, this little town will be luckier than most."

Remove ads