Parting Gifts: Ch 1 - Dusk - IC

Jemal

Adventurer
As all eyes turn to the doorway, there is a flutter of wind and Kurina is gone, now looking down on the street from her new vantage point on top of the Roasted Boar, bow in hand. "What now?" she whispers, cursing in Elven.

ooc:
I'm going to describe Kurina's 'Shifting' ability as a brief wind that goes from where she is to where she'd D-dooring too. Also, I'm assuming that as we know this town fairly well, I'ld have a good enough mental image to send myself to the roof of the Inn. (I can do it again in 1d4 rounds)

Voidrazor

First Post
"Erythnul's spite! what now?" Cursing, Haessellekh stumbles to her feet and out the door. As she passes through the doorway, a curious thing occurs. Her slight form more than doubles in size, yet becomes more graceful as she grows, attaining an unnatural lithesomeness. The now 12' tall seer peers about, one hand touching a rod dangling from her belt.

OOC - H. shifts to Pit Fiend form beneath the illusion of her normal self provided by the Hat/circlet of Disguise. The rod she touches is the Rod of Absorption.

kinem

Adventurer
A grey horse gallops fast down down the street towards the inn, from the north. The rider is a girl, perhaps 15 years old, wearing a simple white tunic and screaming as loud as she can. "MONSTER! MONSTER!"

She doesn't seem to notice Kurina on the roof of the inn, but Haessellekh gets her attention. "Aiee!" She attempts to wheel her horse around quickly to run from the giant woman - too quickly, as she falls off the horse which runs off.

From face down in the dirt, the girl lifts her face to look at Haessellekh in unbridled terror.

Shayuri

First Post
Muttering an oath in Druidic, Grandfather runs out to the little girl.

"Don't panic," he assures her. "It's just a spell that makes her big like that. A little magic...why, in a few years even you might do it. Wouldn't that be something?"

He offers a wrinkled hand, leaning on his staff and smiling gently from under his thick, bushy mustache.

"Now...why don't you let me help you up, and tell me all about this monster you were calling out about?"

sans

First Post
Yolo takes note of where his companions are. Kurina is gone... probably on the roof or some other place with a good vantage. Yolo dons his shield and grasps a gleaming holy symbol of Fharlanghn.

ooc: Those PCs who have fought with Yolo in the past know that two buffs are going to go off if combat starts. Holy Aura has a 20' radius, Prayer has a 40' radius. Both are centered on Yolo. Stay within range if you want the buffs.

kinem

Adventurer
The girl takes 'Grandfather's' hand and lets him help her stand up. She takes several breaths. When she speaks it comes fast, breathless.

"A monster came from the north. A giant dragon or demon or somethin'. It's eatin' everthin' in its path. We'd've been killed for sure if it didn't stop to eat our animals. Is Fred Foster here? I was hopin' ... if anyone could save us, maybe he could!"

Jemal

Adventurer
Kurina's keen elven senses pick up every word, and she quickly shifts her gaze around to the north, then scans the horizons, searching for anything out of the ordinary.

Voidrazor

First Post
When the girl shrieks and falls, Haessellekh backs up with her hands high in a conciliatory gesture. But the expression on her face is sour. At the mention of Fred Foster, she snorts. "A good thing you ran into us first child. All Foster is good for is stirring up hate. How far off is the beast?"

*Zach hides a scowl at the mention of Fosters name as he concentrates on his cape, triggering the command thought to activate the wings. He too looks towards the North horizon hoping to catch a glimpse of whatever beast may be out there chewing its way through the country side, or gods forbid the city itself.*

kinem

Adventurer
The girl's reply continues to be fast and breathless, almost panicky.

"It was a few miles north of the city last I saw but then so was I so I don't know but like I said it was stoppin' to eat. Near the main north road. Foster's a hero, he fights monsters, my papa said. It's too big to fight! Only a hero could do it."

There are hills blocking a direct line of sight from here, but those who listen carefully hear a low deep rumble of a roar from the north. If that sound was produced by a beast a few miles away, it would have to be big indeed.

Remove ads