Parting Gifts: Ch 1 - Dusk - IC

kinem

Adventurer
(ooc: Apparently so. Just a reminder: there are no Summoning spells, although it could be interpreted as finding a real boar. Also, I didn't mention it, but there are no lycanthropes IMC. :eek: )

Shayuri

First Post
"I say again, at least one of us needs to get these people out of here," Grandfather insists. "The odds of us beating this beast in our first encounter is very low! We have no idea what its strengths and weaknesses...if it has any...are. We have to be prepared to withdraw, recover from our wounds, and plan another attack. And that means getting these people to safety -now-!"

Jemal

Adventurer
"I'll do it, I can move around faster, so I'll catch up to you. But first tell me what we are doing? Just heading straight out there to confront it?" Kurina Looks up at the sky and lets out a screech, moments later a Hawk lands on her outstretched hand. "She'll help me find you."

OOC: On average, Kurina can Dimension Door 4 times a minute for 1200' each time, plus her normal movement on other rounds. She can rouse the members of the town needed, and catch up with the party, using her Hawk Companion to keep an eye on/find the rest of the party and lead her to them.

Shayuri

First Post
Grandfather nods heavily. "Confront it, yes. Hopefully we can slow it down long enough to give the people here time to escape. And what we learn from this battle should help us prepare for the next confrontation...when we may actually have a chance to destroy it. This time, we are testing it's defenses and powers, and giving the people here time to evacuate. That's all."

He nods at Kurina. "Get to it then. Start with the town mayor or elders...the leaders that these people are used to listening to and obeying. Get them on your side first, and the rest should follow easily enough."

Voidrazor

First Post
Still holding her arm out, Haessellekh radiates urgency, "We cannot delay! If it arrives before a different plan is decided upon, we will remain airborne while I'll try to gain control of its mind. Zach, run interference in case it somehow manages to reach us in the air. Yolo stay ready to heal. Grandfather do you still have that enchanted bag of animals?"

EDIT - change of plans due to having confused the house rules with those of Jemal's game :heh:

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Kurina nods and is off to inform the mayor, followed by the priests and then whoever else she thinks could be useful in evacuation (Foster could probably get people stirred up, and Rainold Garook is a powerful enough mage, he may be able to help evacuate somehow).

"I will follow as soon as the town is ready." She tells her companions.

kinem

Adventurer
Kurina dimension-hops her way to City Hall, which she finds is strung with many signs and decorations in anticipation of tomorrow's coronation. The guards recognize her and rouse the Mayor, who had gone to bed (with his wife, Julia).

Mayor Richards soon emerges. He is middle aged and a little overweight, but carries it well enough, for like many aristocrats he's no stranger to combat training.

When Kurina briefs him on the situation he says "Gods! Well, I'll instruct the City Guard to help with the evacuation. This ... considering the timing, I think this attack is no coincidence. How could the beast have got here? Well, my thanks to you and to your companions."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the party teleports with Haessellekh to the North Gate. Settonton is a walled city, but has outgrown the walled area and many farms and homes are found on the outside of the walls. Of course, if the magically powerful armies of the Sasoguese had come here, walls would have been of little use in any case.

The Gate itself is currently open, and some panicked folks are already streaming into the city. The sounds of bugles along the wall and from nearby Guard posts indicates that an alarm is already being raised.

Looking out on the road, perhaps a mile in the distance, you see the beast itself. It is slowly chasing after a fleeing man on horseback. The man, fool or not, dismounts and flees on foot while his horse flees of it own accord. The giant beast suddenly surges forward quickly and grabs up the horse.

Tarrasque.jpg

It pops the snack in its mouth, then stops and sits back, apparently taking some time to digest and relax.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
After Rousing the town, Kurina hears the bugles "That was quick!" She mutters, wooshing onto a rooftop and running/D-hopping along the rooves (Assuming they're stable enough to support weight) to the northern gate.

Shayuri

First Post
Grandfather grimaces and points, "Time to start distracting! Shield yourselves against acid if you can. I've heard tell of it spitting the stuff...not to mention that it's fond of eating its foes. I'll see if I can't get that rider clear of the battle!"

With those words the old man's body stretches, lengthens, bursts into dark, bristly fur...then spreads tenebrous wings widely. Now in the form of a dire bat, he flaps towards the fleeing rider with all haste, meaning to snatch him up and fly him clear. He does manage to get off a charm to protect against acid on the way though.

(Wildshape dire bat, casting Resist Energy vs acid on self, then doubletiming it to the fleeing rider. I'll grab him and fly him into town...hopefully while the others keep the T busy. Then I'll return to the fray!)

Remove ads