Parting Gifts

kinem

Adventurer
OK. BTW, I am assuming that about 15 minutes have passed since you fought the tarrasque. As such, some buffs are still up, including Zach's gigantism. I will reflect this in the next map.

kinem

Adventurer
Have fun on your trip, VR. I hope you can post though; I don't want to NPC Haessellekh this round now that the fan has been hit.

Sorry, Bro; these things happen. This being D&D, I'm sure we'll see the little guy again.

Brother Allard

First Post
*sniff* Poor little guy.

You know, I actually thought about healing myself last round instead of dropping another flame strike, but figured - "nah, I got plenty of hit points left."

Maybe Grandfather will reincarnate him as a bugbear. That would be awesome.

kinem

Adventurer
Damn ... sorry Shay, and Bro again!

I think using Invisible Castle was the right decision - it's the only way to remove my temptation to "re-roll" important saving throws. Keeps it fair.

Shayuri

First Post
Well shucks.

Good timing though. I'll be incommunicado from the internet for at least a few days next week, possibly longer.

And...I dunno. Maybe I can do better than Grandfather. I did some pretty funky feat choices for him, just out of a neat concept. Clearly, he's not nearly optimized enough. :)

kinem

Adventurer
Neat concepts are fine, nothing wrong with that!

I think it was just a case of bad luck. When you roll a 4 on a saving throw against the main enemy's most powerful spell, there ought to be some risk. If all the PCs are so optimized that they only fail on a 1, I don't think it would be much of a battle.

Shayuri

First Post
yeah. The irony is that I considered a death ward when the caster revealed himself...but when I saw Zach getting hammered, I figured I'd better do something about that first. I still think it was the right thing to do. If I hadn't there'd still be two bodies on the floor...just not me. :)

Anyway, I'll brainstorm ideas while I'm away.

Remove ads