• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Parting Gifts

kinem

Adventurer
OK. BTW, I am assuming that about 15 minutes have passed since you fought the tarrasque. As such, some buffs are still up, including Zach's gigantism. I will reflect this in the next map.

kinem

Adventurer
Have fun on your trip, VR. I hope you can post though; I don't want to NPC Haessellekh this round now that the fan has been hit.

Sorry, Bro; these things happen. This being D&D, I'm sure we'll see the little guy again.

Brother Allard

First Post
*sniff* Poor little guy.

You know, I actually thought about healing myself last round instead of dropping another flame strike, but figured - "nah, I got plenty of hit points left."

Maybe Grandfather will reincarnate him as a bugbear. That would be awesome.

kinem

Adventurer
Damn ... sorry Shay, and Bro again!

I think using Invisible Castle was the right decision - it's the only way to remove my temptation to "re-roll" important saving throws. Keeps it fair.

Shayuri

First Post
Well shucks.

Good timing though. I'll be incommunicado from the internet for at least a few days next week, possibly longer.

And...I dunno. Maybe I can do better than Grandfather. I did some pretty funky feat choices for him, just out of a neat concept. Clearly, he's not nearly optimized enough. :)

kinem

Adventurer
Neat concepts are fine, nothing wrong with that!

I think it was just a case of bad luck. When you roll a 4 on a saving throw against the main enemy's most powerful spell, there ought to be some risk. If all the PCs are so optimized that they only fail on a 1, I don't think it would be much of a battle.

Shayuri

First Post
yeah. The irony is that I considered a death ward when the caster revealed himself...but when I saw Zach getting hammered, I figured I'd better do something about that first. I still think it was the right thing to do. If I hadn't there'd still be two bodies on the floor...just not me. :)

Anyway, I'll brainstorm ideas while I'm away.

Remove ads