Party Treasure Sheets?

Quickleaf

Legend
I'm looking for a Party Treasure sheet template that I can give to my players to use for recording treasure.

Does anyone have any nifty, thematic-looking treasure record sheets?
Nifty and thematic-looking huh? What did you have in mind?

I just got hooked on the GameMastery treasure cards from Paizo. They're beautifully illustrated, are numerically coded, and have a little space to be written on - and they fit in a collector card album. If you'll be ordering stuff from Paizo anyhow, they usually throw in an extra booster or two so you can also flesh out a collection that way.

dvorak

First Post
Besides using good old fashion pencil and paper, the only other suggestion could be Google documents and/or Google site so between sessions, players have a chance to see what is available to the party.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
double post
Aha! Chris, now your wily plan becomes clear! :D

I think it would be cool to have nifty treasure sheets for the PCs. As a DM, one of the problems I'm having is tracking which treasure parcels I've handed out and which ones I haven't. The advantage of a formal treasure sheet is that I could tag it with the treasure parcel number ("3-3" for 3rd parcel, 3rd level.)

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Aha! Chris, now your wily plan becomes clear! :D

I think it would be cool to have nifty treasure sheets for the PCs. As a DM, one of the problems I'm having is tracking which treasure parcels I've handed out and which ones I haven't. The advantage of a formal treasure sheet is that I could tag it with the treasure parcel number ("3-3" for 3rd parcel, 3rd level.)
I print out magic items parcels on 3x5 cards and hand them out as they are discovered. Each player has a little plastic slip cover that they keep them in (they even have multiple cards for healing potions which they return to me once they drink them).

I like this for different reasons:
1) The cards make the items feel more substantial
2) I know exactly which parcels have not been given out and if some are missed over the course of the level I just add those cards to the next level's batch and catch them up.

Edit: Another fun thing you can do with treasure cards is place them in an envelope. The envelope represents a chest (or some other container). When you're feeling Rat-Bastardly, you can slide in a trap card so the greedy players that snatch up the envelope can deal with the trap accordingly.

(I'll skip my theory on using the parcels to determine when the characters gain a new level as opposed to actually rewarding experience points.)

Last edited:

Oompa

First Post
I use one note and created a page for party treasure, see pic..

pic1.png

Janx

Hero
My treasure accounting system is pretty simple:

For my PC, I write any inventory changes on the back of my sheet. For party treasure, I use a seperate sheet.

My notation is pretty simple, I use plus sign and a quantity, followed by the name of the item, to show I added it. I use a - sign to show I removed it. At the end of the game, I add them all up, and adjust my character sheet.

For party loot, I do the same thing, though the difference is, we split the loot at "pausing points" and just cross off the item if it gets handed to somebody.

This +/i/cross method works better than actively marking up the inventory section of a character sheet, which is possible to change a lot during the game.

During a game, my inventory notation space might look like:
-5 SP
+1 shortsword +1
-2 dagger
+1021 GP

This would reflect that I spent 5 silver, got a shortsword +1, lost 2 daggers, got 1,021 GP from party loot. In a real adventure, the list is usually longer.

Since we usually fully split the loot by the end of the game, we don't have a true "party inventory". If we did, I'd keep a seperate document (like the PC's inventory), and still use the inventory scratchpad/notation system to denote changes made during the game, only finalizing them post-game during char sheet update time.

I strongly recommend the notation system for documenting changes during the game. It's pretty simple, and keeps you from pencil marking your sheet to un-readability.

I do the same thing for HP. I'm amazed at players who use sheets with a tiny box for HP, and they constantly erase and re-write the number. It wears out the sheet pretty fast. It's much simpler to use a side column on a scratch paper (back of char sheet even), and just do a running addition/subtraction/total column. Less erasing.

Remove ads