Path of Enlightenment [D&D4E]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=KLS]When the next cannonball comes, Leng takes a moment to look at his feet, then carefully leaps out of the way.

ooc: Assuming 19 is a success? We're at 2 success, 2 failure. Not great! :)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Shen]
[/i]"That was foolish of me."[/i] Shen scolds himself as he gets the stinging sand out of his eyes. He had rushed, and ran squarely into the cloud of sand. After a moment, he realized he was lucky he hadn't met the cannonball face to face.

Skill check for Shen (1d20+1=10, 1d20+1=16, 1d20+1=11, 1d20+1=15, 1d20+1=19, 1d20+1=4, 1d20+1=3, 1d20+1=6, 1d20+1=10)

Boy I need an explanation here! Think I'm too slow, but it's supposed that you should roll a 1ry and a 2ry(if you wished to) skill check each round
[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Voda]

Yeah, I claim ignorance :) I read the rules on the skill checks AFTER I made the rolls lol. Sorry....... To be honest, I need to re-read them because I still don't quite get it all. I am REAL sorry though. Don't hate me?[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= Shen Lucky Kaoru]
Buddy it's not that serious, just a bunch of rolls :D
It was hard for me to understand it:
It's like a combat encounter, each one makes a roll as if it was his attack roll. I should have placed some initiatives, but that didn't matter then.
Basically, you roll+skill bon+ any additional bonus you get from rolling a secondary skill of anything else the encounter provides, like the -2 on perception you get after a failed athletics check.
Then your mates roll, and at the end of the round I write up some nice description of how much sand you got on your pockets and you keep going until you succeed or fail the encounter.
So, roll your skill now, either athletics or endurance, also a perception roll to get extra goodies for you jump.
Untill now you have 1 success and 1 fail. Lucky Leng success will take place after Shen's roll.
[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock= K L S] ooc: May we know the Dc of the checks, Voda? Anyway, up until now I probably have one success in athletics and one fail in perception. Just rolled for the second round and it is a miserable fail, so one success and one unsuccess, I guess. [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= L S K]

The sand clouds the three brothers’ eyes; they can go no further by now. After cleaning your eyes, and when you are about to spring into action, you see another ship, coming from around the big Twin Mountains. The ship cuts the water quickly and approaches the docked bandit ship. The thundering sound of the cannons crack the tranquility of the island again, but this time, the bad fellow’s ship seems to target the other vessel, but for now, only the water meets the air after the first shots.
The beach is now clear and the three of you make your way through it. Each step, you get a picture of what’s happening in the shore.
At some distance, you distinguish master Jien and Go Tao. The first is fighting against 4 enemies, armed with daos. The men swing their blades to cut down the old man, but he seems untouchable. Master Jien dances like the wind, avoiding the blades, and with a sudden move, he takes a wide step forward and stretches his arms, with the fingers pointing out. That take you by surprise, as you see both hands sinking in two of the bandits (see Jien’s picture in the OOC if you don’t understand the move I was trying to describe). The unbelieving fellows drop their weapons, and without taking their eyes off of Jien, fell to the ground, in the middle of a convolving death.
Go Tao is not so well, he has several injuries, and is running through the beach, with two bandits behind him, swinging their daos in the air.
A few meters away you see the corpse of Lu Len, with a spear impaled in his torso.
As you get closer you hear master Jien’s voice. “Fool! Don’t you have even a drop of honor in your blood? Stop running and fight! Lu would still be alive if you had fought as I told you!”
You also see a small boat near the shore, carrying six more pirates.

Roll initiatives fellas!
Map coming up soon.

[/sblock]

[sblock= Koryo]

The captain grabs the spyglass and you see a smile in his face as he gives it back to you “Indeed we’r fightin’ those sons of a bastard seagull!” he watches you for a moment “Ah hope ye know how to use a dao” he comments and turns again, facing the sailors on deck. “Avast ye salty dogs!! Grab yer weapons! This be a great fight today, we’ll test pirate’s blood!” With that the seamen get in motion, preparing for the fight, picking up weapons and assuring the ship nuts and ropes.
You sail another hour and the pirate ship seems very close now. You can hear it shooting its cannons to the beach, and a moment later, you hear the same cannons, now targeting your vessel, making water next to the ship.
“Well this yer first task as advisor, tell me where are those blasted cannon balls going to fall, so I can take the appropriate turns, quick, grab that spyglass!” Barks the Captain, throwing you the spyglass and grabbing the boat’s wheel.

Skill encounter fer ye salty dog!: You must catch with you spyglass the incoming cannonballs and tell the captain the turns he must do to avoid them.
6 successes in Perception or 3 failures. There are no secondary skills in this encounter, sorry there.

[/sblock]

[sblock= Ziang]

You recall an ancient text about these creatures; they dwell in caves near mountains and are often in pairs, though this one seemed to be alone. There was no specific entrance in your memory that said nothing about their ability to resurrect. You actually remember several tales about demon slayers, and their hunts. In those stories, the killed demons remained quite dead. [/sblock]

[sblock= Z & W]

“And what are you searching in this far away town traveler? Is it some treasure? I’m the eldest person in this region, if you want I could share some of my knowledge with you, about the subjects you need.”
Offers the elder.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Ban Lu]

The treatment you are using this times seems to work, the captain’s face is taking it’s natural color again.
You notice a fine steel needle in the shoe; it’s bathed in dry blood, probably the captain’s blood. You uncover the man’s foot and find a big inflammation in his right feet. It’s all purple, like if there was some internal bleeding. Most of the poison is still in the wound, so you’ll have it easier from now.
2 success and 0 failures. You gain a +2 in your next healing check [/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=voda]ooc:err... should I roll them one per post or all together? I don't know so Anyway, here's the first one:

Koryo catches the spyglass, smirking at the captain's remark, and immediately shouts, his eyes pointed at the shore: Slighltly on the left! QUICKLY!

Perception 21

Maybe I should have learned sailors' slang a bit before turning into a sailor... he then mutters between himself...[/sblock]

Remove ads