Path of Enlightenment [D&D4E]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=KLS]ooc: Sorry, I wasn't aware it was my turn. I'm finding this combat really confusing for some reason. Anyway...

Leng attacks the other bloodied pirate, the one that Shen did not attack, using cleave. Hits AC 27 for 5 damage and an adjacent enemy takes 4 damage. If Shen's target is still alive, apply the 4 damage to it. Mark the pirate Leng hit, if it's still alive.

From inspiring word, Leng heals 9+4=13 hp, and should be full health unless I'm confused. Again.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I'll try to make a more ordered fight this time. I'll have a post for everyone tomorrow. Time's running too fast for me these days.

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= L S K]
Master Jien 23
Shen: 20
Kaoru 15
Leng 14
Go Tao 12
Pirate 1 11 Dead
Pirate 2 6 Dead
Pirate 3 6 Dead
Pirate 4 5 Dead
Pirate 5 Bloodied (-15)
Pirate 6
Pirate 7
Pirate 8 (Cover)

Master Jien moves fast, placing himself between Lucky Leng and the thorny bush next to him. He lunches quick successions of jabs, the helpless bandit (2) tries to shield his face from the punches, and receives the hits in his abdomen. A line of blood starts to run from his mouth.
Shen Impales the already wounded pirate (3), his quiang slicing the man’s heart in two. The nasty fellow falls to the ground, quite dead.
Kaoru channels his chi, sending a pulse of energy to the incoming pirates. One of them (5) receives the ray straight on the chest. The man falls backwards on the others, but quickly stands up again.
Lucky uses his gundao, wielding it in a wide and deadly arc. The blade cuts the bandit in front of him (4), making him scream in pain, and then cuts the other bandit’s (2) throat.
Go Tao comes to the aid too, he steps over the recently killed bandit to deliver a last blow to the man Lucky has injured. The pirate spins in his place due to the hit, and falls on the dry sand.
The pirates from the boat, advance with quick steps up to where the group is; but one of them moves quickly by the shoreline, splashing in the water, he ducks under a thorny bush. The wield daos, not the short jians the defeated ones where using. They spin around, describing wide arcs with their curved blades, cutting Go Tao, Lucky Leng, and even the Nimble Master Jien.

[sblock=OOC]
Pirate 6 attacks Master Jien, but fails. Pirate 7 attacks Lucky Leng using cleave and hits for 2 damage, Master Jien receives 1 point of damage. Pirate 5 attacks Go Tao, hitting for 3 points of damage, Lucky receives 1 point of damage. Rolls
Pirate 8 double moves and gains great cover from Kaoru behind the thorny bush.
The updated map is up btw.
I’ll like from you to tell me your moves and position referring to the numbers and letters on the map, it’s easy for me to understand the place in the map you want to position your PC. Also I’ll like to know what confusions you may have with the combat. I basically post every action in the correct order, but maybe you have suggestions to improve the combats.
[/sblock] [/sblock]

[sblock= Ban Lu]
The man looks at you with his good eye, and says, with bitterness. “We were not playing.” He grins and says nothing more.
[sblock=OOC]
Well this another skill encounter: You can use either diplomacy or insight to know what the pirate is hiding. You can also use bluff or any other skill you can justify IC to gain some bonus to your rolls. As before, post IC, make the roll and wait my answer. Luckily I will answer quickly ^^
Oh where’s my head? You must achieve 4 success or 2 failures. [/sblock] [/sblock]

[sblock= Koryo]
“Aye!” The captain exclaims, and turns again. The crewmen fall to the wet wooden floor, and many things fall off the board, but the cannon ball splashes in the water.
4/2 o.o
[/sblock]

[sblock= Z & W]
The cave looks creepy. You take some steps into it, to see a natural tunnel entrance, and some rocks, pilled on a corner. There are spider webs everywhere, and sometimes it’s hard not to walk into one of them. There are some strange draws in one of the walls, made in black colors. Ziang can tell its dry blood. The pile of rocks has some bones, scattered among the rocks, mostly animal bones. Some of them have “not so dry” meat attached to them.
You peer into the tunnel, it seems to have a slight slope down. You can see no corner, it seems to keep going the same direction for a long stretch.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=voda]... My eyesight really isn't getting better with age... sighs Koryo.

Perception 15

Fast!! Full forward, captain! yells Koryo, more and more nervous... I almost didn't see that coming!!

ooc: with a +10 modifier, would you ever have thought this would be so difficult, voda? :p wth
[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock=Leng Shen Kaoru]Kaoru, surprised by the tenacity of the stricken pirate, tries again, realizing that he has to reduce the number of the foes. The chi focuses in his hand, and it slowly turns green. Startled, he realizes that the madness is starting to gather again, as he hears mental whispers. The ray shoots out of his fingers, pointing at the standing pirate, but misses him narrowly. Grimacing, Kaoru tries to ignore the mental messages from unfathomable entities.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Ban Lu

[sblock=Voda]Ban Lu crosses his arms and fixes the mutineer with his best stare. The one that always broke his student's will. As he tries to weaken the man's resolve he considers carefully what might have been the man's purpose. Better first to carefully consider things before speaking and giving away his own ignorance.

OOC: Intimidate (1d20+2=15)

Insight (1d20+10=23)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= Koryo]
“HA! Ye salty searat! Ye know nothin’ of sight loose.” The captain points at his eye patch. “Unfold the main sail again!” the captain shouts right on time. The cannon ball passes whistling above your heads.

5/2 uhhh diciding roll!
OOC: That’s the charm of the dices isn’t it? ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock= Ban Lu]
The man shifts uncomfortably in his chair. “Stop lookin’ at me like that!” he cries out loud, nervous.
You think this man was working with the others, planning something. Maybe the captain’s decision of sailing to Singing Island wasn’t part of these men plans and they decided to kill him for good.
You’ll have a +2 in your diplomacy check in this round.
1/0
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=voda]Phew! Well now... That... that... Oh, well that one is definitely out of target... Says Koryo, relieved. The ship is now clse to the shore and he gets ready for battle, securing his leather protections, trying the handle of his dao in the grip of his hands, and finally warming his hands with the relaxing exercise known as the Nine Cutting Fingers...

Perception 19 OH, YES! :D it is called charm when you succeed, indeed :D!![/sblock]

Remove ads