• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2 3rd Party Stuff!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, there isn't any, obviously. But there will be eventually. PF2 is being released under the OGL, just like PF1 was.

Paizo says they'll release info on the license in early 2019, so it looks like we might be a year away from any 3PP producing anything. However, I'm sure plenty are already planning. Apparently there will be a way to get early access to the finished rules.

We're going to spin off a separate Patreon from TRAILseeker, devoted to Pathfinder 2nd Edition material only. It will be awesome to get in on the ground level with it, like we managed to do for EN5ider.

3PPs will still be allowed to support Pathfinder 1st Edition (well, they could anyway, as it's OGC, but it sounds like they can continue to use the compatibility logo).

It's an exciting time to be planning on publishing for PF2!

houser2112

Explorer
I fervently hope Dreamscarred Press will produce psionic rules for PF2, since Paizo has made plain that they don't like psionics (as imagined by 3.x, anyway).

Now the 3rd Party companies have to choose among to publish 5th D&D or 2nd Pathfinder. And now they are a lot of fans publishing their amateur homebrew ideas for D&D5 Ed!

About Dreamscarred Press, I wonder about a future book with pact magic.

Lylandra

Adventurer
I always liked Dreamscared Press' Path of War way more than their Psionics (which, to be honest, is almost a 1:1 carbon copy from WotCs 3.5 psionics plus some additional powers which also need a LOT of tweaking to not be subject to abuse)

Now I still have hopes that the PoW/martial powers system could be integrated into PF2, and if not, I do hope that DP does a revised (and this time properly balanced) version for the new system.

houser2112

Explorer
I always liked Dreamscared Press' Path of War way more than their Psionics (which, to be honest, is almost a 1:1 carbon copy from WotCs 3.5 psionics plus some additional powers which also need a LOT of tweaking to not be subject to abuse)

To be fair, 3.5 psionics is a lot more prone to abuse than PF psionics. DSP did a lot of work to rebalance things, as well as adding a bunch of their own content as well.

I wonder about plans by Dreamscarred Press to publish something about pact magic with vestiges. Other company has done that. Their arkasha classes were more interesting than soulborn and incarnate from Magic of Incarnum.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Is this really that exciting? I mean, now instead of releasing products for 5e and PF1 and maybe a third system like Savage Worlds or S&W, 3rd parties will now release them for 5e, PF2, and maybe a third system.

To me the most interesting thing will be if this brings make a lot of the former PF publishers that moved exclusively to 5e

I love Dreamscarred Press, I hope they do conversions of their Ultimate Psionic's, Akashic Mysteries and Path of War. I'd love to see some Pathfinder 2e material for 3.5's Tome of Magic, Shadow Caster ,True Namer and Binder (I think rite publishing made a binder) need some Pathfinder support, with the serial numbers filed off of course. I'm liking everything I'm seeing from Pathfinder 2e, except resonance. I know what their going for, but I think I'm just going to ignore it, especially the having to be bound to an Item like your +1 Longsword. It's irritating. Now wand spamming I can see putting a stop to, but at the same time, without it you really can't do much adventuring after a decent challenge, and resting doesn't restore enough HP.

Remove ads