Pathfinder 2E At Gary Con

Paizo is at the Gary Con convention this week, and is demoing Pathfinder 2nd Edition there. Here's a couple of photos! No juicy tidbits yet, unfortunately, but hopefully some will emerge over the next couple of days.

Paizo is at the Gary Con convention this week, and is demoing Pathfinder 2nd Edition there. Here's a couple of photos! No juicy tidbits yet, unfortunately, but hopefully some will emerge over the next couple of days.

In the first photo, Stephen Radney-MacFarland demos Pathfinder 2nd Edition in this awesome photo from Beth Damis on Twitter.

DXyY85yU8AATDD9.jpg

Paizo's Jason Bulmahn took a photo of his copy of the Pathfinder 2nd Edition playtest rules.

DXttC_jXcAImACM.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Not to rain on anyone's parade, in fact I think PF2 sounds interesting so far, but this exploration phase is probably the first thing a DM in any RPG does as part of running the game. I'm sure they are adding special things you can do during this phase and that is great. The idea though of operating in different modes, combat, exploration, downtime is not really new. That is pretty much how I ran 1e in the 80's. I used 1 minute combat rounds, 10 minute exploration turns, and downtime was flexible but I tended to make things cost days.

Yeah, its kind of one of those things where it’s nice that they’re codifying it for the benefit of less experienced GMs who maybe haven’t figured out this particular game management skill, but that the rest of us have already been doing anyway. Certainly not a bad thing to include, but not really a game-changing innovation. And that’s fine. Not every change or addition needs to be revolutionary.

S

Sunseeker

Not to rain on anyone's parade, in fact I think PF2 sounds interesting so far, but this exploration phase is probably the first thing a DM in any RPG does as part of running the game. I'm sure they are adding special things you can do during this phase and that is great. The idea though of operating in different modes, combat, exploration, downtime is not really new. That is pretty much how I ran 1e in the 80's. I used 1 minute combat rounds, 10 minute exploration turns, and downtime was flexible but I tended to make things cost days.

Yeah, it's not new, it's the codification that's new and what matters. You can't support parts of the game there aren't rules for.

I've heard nothing so far, but i hope that they add class niches for the exploration and downtime modes.

That would really differntiate the system.

For example, maybe fighters can make it moee difficult for the party to be ambushed through their combat awareness, a range could increase their ability to lay an ambush, a rogue could aid the party in camoflauge and stealth etc. Not sure how itd work but it's something i would enjoy and not something ive found a class based rpg does terribly well

Remove ads

Remove ads