• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E PATHFINDER: A First Look

Steel_Wind

Legend
I'm subscribed. :cool:

I look forward to the end of your non-compete clause so you can publish a subscription "magazine" (with advertising - and cheaper) instead of a subscription "book" (without ads).

The best of luck to you and the company Erik.

Let us buy you more Diet Dr. Pepper at Gencon than you can drink.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Wik said:
Added it to my favourites. Who knows? Maybe I'll even run the thing.

Edit: Oh, and Erik - why not change the look a bit? I mean, you're no longer "core" D&D... I think it'd be kinda cool if critters in the book had their own "look" as opposed to the "D&D" look that we've seen in DRAGON. Just my two cents - the artwork there is great... I just think it could be even better if PATHFINDER had it's own "look".

P.S. - why do I keep thinking of that stupid movie that just came out? Oh, yeah. Right.

;)

Actually... the critters in Pathfinder ARE going to have their own look. For example, those are goblins on the cover to Pathfinder #1. You'll be seeing more of these little freaks soon... :)

James Jacobs

Adventurer
+5 Keyboard! said:
QFT!
I've already snagged it for my desktop wallpaper. AWESOME stuff!
Hey, and I got a guy sitting in front of a campfire! Yay? :(

HA! Never fear, Steve! You're gonna get a really awesome cover too. We just don't have Wayne's finals for anything but the first few issues in yet, and probably won't for a while. The images on any Pathfinders after #2 are placeholder covers only. So the final version of Pathfinder #5 will have significantly less dudes sitting in front of campfires.

But here's a hint... Pathfinder #5's cover will have something to do with a certain dragon!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
James,

Dragons are good. As for the new look, heck all I care about is you guys having fun AND making my day. Keep doing that, and I'll be semi-happy. Do an Orcus themed Necromancer Games/Paizo cross over, I'll be ecstatic.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Treebore said:
If I could get my wife to quit spending more money than we have I could afford to do more. House and home come first.

Tree, maybe you should get a dog instead. ;) Just saying man. *is kidding*

Emirikol

Adventurer
Good we can move forward.

More good news is that you no longer have WotC holding you back with their "no longer allowed to use that word because I'm on a watch-list" antics.

jh

Wik

First Post
James Jacobs said:
Actually... the critters in Pathfinder ARE going to have their own look. For example, those are goblins on the cover to Pathfinder #1. You'll be seeing more of these little freaks soon... :)

Excellent! I really liked the allusions to "real world myth" and the suggestions that the "mag" will return to the "old-school" way of looking at things. I'm still sketchy about the AP bit (mostly because, while we're having a blast with the current AP, I can't see myself committing to a new one for at least six months after we finish STAP), but I know I'll be picking this up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads