• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Adventure Path: How Successful?

Have you subscribed to the Pathfinder Adventure Path (*not* the 3.75e ruleset)?

• I let my Dungeon and/or Dragon magazine subscription roll over to Pathfinder but did not renew it.

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • I subscribed later but let my subscription run out.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I subscribed later and am still subscribed.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I've been a subscriber from the beginning and still am.

Votes: 68 31.6%
  • I never subscribed/I don't know what this is.

Votes: 60 27.9%

Dannager

First Post
I don't think this would happen. I know it has not on one Legacy of fire post and Dannager conversions do not bring fire. Dannager himself drawls the fire many times over other things but I don't recall his conversion ever being an issue

He can tell you himself , I may be wrong but don't think his conversion has ever been attacked
There was one incident, early on, that thankfully did not repeat itself.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
Because before 4th Edition came around, no one thought fighters were outclassed by spellcasters, right?

With the many gamers I spoke to through the gaming store and real life: no.

I rarely if ever read forums.

That said those that were convinced there was a problem were the 'squeaky wheel that got the grease' and so there are now fighters with a version of spells. Problem solved.

Qualidar

First Post
I never miss the point.

I was describing the obvious difference in philosophy, not the point of the thread, which was more of the typical whining about the incompetence of fighters (which to this day I still find untrue anywhere but the internet). Its like 4e marketing pulled a reverse brainwashing on people.

There was no edition bashing per se, but it was a good thread to demonstrate the difference between powergamers and other gamers. Jsut that the power gamers over there are more numerous.

The point of the thread is discussing "How Successful Paizo's Adventure Paths Are". Would you please fork your discussion into it's own thread? That way people interested in discussing those issues can focus on them more, and others can see from the thread title that those issues are being discussed and join in, if so inclined. :)

Mournblade94

Adventurer
The point of the thread is discussing "How Successful Paizo's Adventure Paths Are". Would you please fork your discussion into it's own thread? That way people interested in discussing those issues can focus on them more, and others can see from the thread title that those issues are being discussed and join in, if so inclined. :)

I did not start that particular part and I will respond to posts as they come up, regardless of thread topic, especially if addressed directly to me. There were plenty of other people engaged in that part of the discussion.

catsclaw227

First Post
billd91 said:
Everybody making claims about the environment are generally seeing things through a lens of their own edition being the victim, of their fellow edition fans as being generally reasonable, the other game's fans not. And I think, because of confirmation bias, people particularly tend to miss when their own favorite game's fans are being unreasonable.

This is how I see it too. Unfortunate, but likely true.

Mournblade94 said:
Its like 4e marketing pulled a reverse brainwashing on people.
Dang.

I see this all over this thread and other places. A few weeks ago I did a search, looking through all the prerelease WOTC 4e threads, their marketing stuff, listened to podcasts and read the writer blogs (again).

This. Just. Plain. Didn't. Happen.

What DID happen though, is that some posters misquoted or misinterpreted what was said, and/or their perceptions about 3.x, 4e or whatever clouded their opinion about the marketing and they read between the lines and added a bunch of stuff that just wasn't there.

I still ask anyone to find out where they did anything more than point out some of the (relatively common) concerns with 3.x.

Yes, they changed cosmology, and even questioned the necessity for certain parts of the Great Wheel and some of the planes that had limited playability. But never said that 3.x sucks or that they hated it. Heck, they PLAYED it for years, wrote big sections of it and even built careers on it.

These were guys in the know that had ideas for new edition changes and then talked up these changes. As expected.

Last edited:

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I picked up the first Pathfinder adventure series to support the company in the wake of WotC's discontunation of Dungeon/Dragon magazine. When 4E was announced I kept up with them in order to encourage them to adapt those adventures to 4E.

When it was announced that they had decided to go entirely with Pathfinder, I stopped buying the adventures, because I knew they weren't going to cater to me as a customer anymore, so what was the point?

I do wish Paizo well, and continue to purchase their "system independent" products, but they're really not something I'm overly concerned with anymore, which is too bad.

--Steve

Remove ads