Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords Reborn! IC

G

Guest 11456

Thrindar: Dwarf Cleric of Sarenrae

Thrindar nods to the mayor with a friendly smile. "I am Thrindar. I am a priest of the Dawnflower, my lady Sarenrae."

[sblock=Roll]Knowledge: religion check to identify tattoo (1d20+6=23)[/sblock][sblock=Thrindar Mini Stats]Thrindar
Def: 14 FF Def: 10
HP: 12/12 DR: +5/armor
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
CDCB: +4 CAB: +0 MCB0: +3

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +5
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +3
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Channel Energy: 4/4
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Purify Food and Drink, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Fire Bolt: 6/6
Rebuke Death: 6/6[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The mayor congratulations Thrindar by name and introduces him to the crowd, full title given included. The crowd cheers for Thrindar after they give Sabyl her due adulation.

The tattoo is of Irori, god of history, knowledge, and self-perfection. Followers of Irori claim that he was once a mortal who achieved absolute physical and mental perfection and thus attained divinity. While many Avistani of the Inner Sea are wary of his strict practices, the disciplined regimen of the Master of Masters is gaining popularity among those who seek order in these troubled times. Irori counts monks and clerics in equal number among his priests.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Kelvyn bellows out laughter and 'encouragement' to the other participants throughout the sack race. Although his words would do most any drill sergeant proud, the gales of laughter and the fact that he directs his speech at himself as much as at the others makes it impossible to take offense. As he crosses the finish line he tumbles to the ground in a great tangle of arms, legs and burlap before rising to his feet and staggering over to the small group around the mayor. Still grinning, his long, neatly trimmed beard jutting out before him, he sticks out a ham sized hand to congratulate the winners. "Well raced, well raced my friends! You led the rest of us a merry chase, but the two of you are quite good in the sack! I be Kelvyn Damonder, an' I also be looking forward to the next contest!" He winks broadly, including both Thrindar and Sabyl in his merriment. "I think you won't best me quite so easily next time!"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]The pun was too good to let go without a second use, kinem![/sblock]

Defense: 14, Critical Defense: +08, Armor DR: 5/Magic or Large, CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Reflex: +3, Will: +0

Weapon in Hand: None

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jamir Rolande

BarloAvatar_zps186bb901.jpg

Jamir was unconcerned about being rebuffed by the innkeeper, she was probably telling the truth and busy anyway. He took some free samples from the various vendors in the Sandpoint Market and watched the sack race. He noticed the mention that the dwarven priest was not a local either.

He chuckled at the play on words from the big man with dark hair, taking note of his name as well. He was a very strong looking visitor as well, and potentially a contender for the next contest.

Jamir could always use some more coin and say some potential in betting on the winner. He thought about who else he had seen amongst the locals that might give the big brute Kelvyn a good run.

"You would likely do quite well in the next event, Kelvyn. Come, come, let us see your muscle," he gestured for him to flex his biceps and show them. He asked the dwarven cleric, "What about you, mate? Are you planning to compete again, or do you have other plans?"

"In that race, the dwarf had a knack,
Thrindar did not fall flat on his back,
He lost to the lady Sabyl,
But she was gracious still,
Does he now want her in the sack?"

He gave Thrindar a wink at his limerick's conclusion to show he was only fooling around.

[sblock=OOC/Rolls]I am fine with Jamir being leader. I am a type A person anyway. ;)
My post brings Jamir together with Kelvyn and Thrindar, along with an ice breaker or two. :p

Knowledge Local about who is potentially the strongest in Sandpoint (1d20+6=24)[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats]Jamir Harkness
Init +6, Speed 30, Senses: Perception +3
Defense: 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 10, CMD 16
Crit Def Bonus: +7, Crit Attack Bonus: +0
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1
HP 9 (DR3/Armor); Current: 9
Conditions in effect: None

Bardic Performances Remaining: 6/6
1st Level Spells (CLW, Grease): 2/2

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Sabyl smiles and nods to Kelvyn, thanking him for his congratulations. His pun seems to fly over her head, almost as if her mind is on other things, or she simply does not wish to acknowledge it for its bawdiness.

Jamir has heard of a couple very good contenders for the contest of strength. Sheriff Hemlock is one of the favorites, with bookies giving him even odds that he will win the contest. The only other contender with good odds is Das Korvut a bald and powerful muscled man who owns the Red Dog Smithy; he is favored 2 to 3. A bet of 3 gold pays out 2 gold if he wins. Sabyl is expected to compete but she's said to be more graceful than strong and the odds against her are 8 to 1.

kinem

Adventurer
Nuko tries to laugh off any embarrassment. He joins a group of people talking about the race, including the strange beardless dwarf.

"I was doing fine in the sack until the bag broke.

Well done, Kelvyn. Say, where are the best eats around here?"

G

Guest 11456

Thrindar: Dwarf Cleric of Sarenrae

The dwarf nods and smiles at Kelvyn' comment. He also nods and smiles at Jamir's limerick. Upon hearing Nuko speak of food he grabs his stomach. "That race made me even more hungry then before. I believe I would like to have a bit of lunch before the next event. I have not decided whether I will participate but I definitely do not wish to miss it. Do any of you wish to go with me to the Rusty Dragon? I want to try those spicy eel seaweed wraps."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The big Kell laughs once more at the dandy's limerick, slapping the man on the back in appreciation of his wit. "You'll see my strength in the contest, man, no need to show it off before," he replies to Jamir's challenge. Kelvyn nods enthusiastically at the mention of food. "Aye, the Rusty Dragon is rightfully known for its food; Miss Ameiko sets a fine table! Sabyl, Thrindar? Jamir? Shall we join this fellow . . ." He turns to the half-orc and pauses for a moment, clearly at a loss. "A thousand pardons, friend! I cannot seem to recall your name!"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Defense: 14, Critical Defense: +08, Armor DR: 5/Magic or Large, CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Reflex: +3, Will: +0

Weapon in Hand: None

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jamir Rolande

BarloAvatar_zps186bb901.jpg

Jamir shrugged and said, “Miss Kaijitsu appeared to be quite busy when I tried speaking with her, so her place could be crowded. There are plenty of other venders with stalls in the Sandpoint Market giving away free food though that is good though.” He held up some grilled meat on a stick. With all of the seafood being offered, the red meat was not so common. But it certainly was tasty.

He glanced at Kelvyn and remarked, “How much do you know about the strength of the Sheriff and the man who owns Red Dog Smithy? Those are likely to be your biggest challengers… unless there an exceptionally strong traveler here for the festival.”

[sblock=MiniStats]Jamir Harkness
Init +6, Speed 30, Senses: Perception +3
Defense: 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 10, CMD 16
Crit Def Bonus: +7, Crit Attack Bonus: +0
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1
HP 9 (DR3/Armor); Current: 9
Conditions in effect: None

Bardic Performances Remaining: 6/6
1st Level Spells (CLW, Grease): 2/2

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Maybe I should have been a little more direct about it, but I was waiting for someone to pick a place to eat and didn't have time to update Monday. On the with game.
Although Jamir had suggested an unspecified alternative, your bellies had begun to rumble and the Rusty Dragon was mutually agreed to be acceptable. Sabyl agrees to accompany you, and your small group of acquaintances heads to the Rusty Dragon for what proves to be a delicious dining experience. Food and drink are being served en masse, but somehow, Ameiko and her staff manage to make it a memorable experience. There are two choices, spicy eel or sauted pike. Both are served wrapped in sticky rice and seaweed and sliced. There is both a house lager and a local white wine vintage provided with the meal to wash it down. Ample proportions of both are available to all.

A fair farmer's daughter with sun-bleached hair and freckled face takes notice of Jamir and begins to bat her eyes at him playfully. She brushes past Jamir on her way out and whispers in his ear that she'd like to meet him behind the Goblin Squash Stables at Two Bells (2 o' clock, which is an hour after the test of strength is scheduled to begin, which would give him plenty of time after). Meanwhile a pair of young dwarves stare and point querulously at Thrindar from across the room, speaking in whispers to each and repeatedly shaking their heads as they swallow beer after beer and the foam fills their beards. Kelvyn notes there is a Keleshite man and woman, seafarers by the look of their scant garb, sitting at a nearby table with a small group of what appear to be fellow sailors. While most of the sailors speak in Common, telling tales of the high seas, the two Keleshites converse privately on occasion in their native tongue, doing so most often to quip on the subject of how things are done "differently" (or perhaps best translated "properly") in the Empire. Nuko catches sight of a dark-skinned Varisian who appears to come from the interior like himself judging by his tribal markings. He even has the town name of Rogan tattooed in Orcish on his left arm among other tattoos, though he does not appear immediately familiar.

OOC: These are all minor NPCs which I have provided as narrative hooks for you to do with as you like. You may even feel free to come up with elements of their back-story in your own description. However, one of them might be a red herring or an NPC of actual importance to the story. This I have decided in advance. Nevertheless, how you choose to role-play any interaction with them is up to you to decide and narrate from your own character's perspective (if you choose to do so). Story-related consequences of such interactions (if any) will come at a later point in time. And yes, I do literally mean for you to role-play the NPCs in your narration should you choose to interact with them. They are effectively under your narrative control for now.

After your meal at the Rusty Dragon, you take a short time to rest and relax. Then you make your way to participate in or observe the contest of strength. In the Sandpoint Cathedral's west nave, before the shrine of Gozreh (whose bestial spirit serves as the patron of strength in Sandpoint) people are gathering to witness as men and women of great brawn show off their muscles and demonstrate minor feats of strength. One man holds two balancing halflings up high in one hand while carrying aloft a great boulder in the other. A woman lifts a band of enormous logs over her head. Some are attempting to climb a rope that has been tied to the top of a beam set between two twenty-foot-high poles. At One Bell, Mayor Deverin quiets the crowd and lays out the rules. Present a heavy object, hold it above your head as the Mayor counts to ten. Any challenger who cannot do the same is eliminated. The first challenger to succeed gets to select the next heavy object, and so forth, until an object that only a single contestant can hold aloft to the count of ten remains. If an object is too heavy for all contestants, it is discarded and something else is chosen. A swarthy sailor calls out that he'll show the power of the sea and holds aloft a partly full barrel of fish. Several challengers follow suit and bookies begin to place odds.

OOC: Although theoretically according to Pathfinder rules the character(s) with the highest Strength score should automatically win, the nature of the contest is such that there is an element of luck and stamina to it. Objects of relatively low weight are generally being introduced first, and some objects have unusual centers of gravity. Hence this challenge is decided by the sum of three Strength checks rather than the raw Strength score.

Remove ads