• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder and Mass Combat

Xyxox

Hero
Well, after reading Warpath, my take is it will need a LOT of work.

That's okay. I think starting back at square one will be easier than altering it. Ah well, I know what I want and will do it myself.

Kvantum

First Post
the screwed-up map in AP#35
This one is actually the printer's fault entirely, Paizo has absolutely no blame in this one. The file they sent to them for printing was fine, the PDF subscribers got was fine, it's just that the printing was screwed up.

James Jacobs said:
Because Bestiary 2 is our holiday season book. Since it's a new book, and the World Guide is more or less an expanded reprint, and since we couldn't do two books at the same time, the World Guide got pushed back. This also lets us put it through an extra long development and editing cycle; it's the core book of our campaign setting after all, and the first hardcover printing was, unfortunately, kind of rushed so it'd be out at Gen Con that year. There's a lot of corners we had to cut with the first edition of the setting that we're hoping to shore up in this second edition... but in a way that keeps as MUCH of the first edition of the book still relevant.
There you go again James, ruining a good, fun, angry nerd rant with logical answers and thought-out responses to problems. You make being a disgruntled fan so very difficult.

caelum

First Post
This one is actually the printer's fault entirely, Paizo has absolutely no blame in this one. The file they sent to them for printing was fine, the PDF subscribers got was fine, it's just that the printing was screwed up.

I'm not really interested in assigning blame, but the fact is it happened, and it's annoying, and ultimately Paizo is delivering the product so it is their problem. In fact I found the blog post that tried to avoid blame a little annoying - "the buck stops here" and all that. (By the way, what ever happened to proofs and galleys? Shouldn't a sample be available ahead of time for the company to approve?)

Don't get me wrong; I think Paizo does an incredible job with things - after all I play Pathfinder and subscribe to multiple product lines - and their production schedule is impressive, especially recently while they have been pushing to "catch up." But these sorts of things are avoidable.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I'm not really interested in assigning blame, but the fact is it happened, and it's annoying, and ultimately Paizo is delivering the product so it is their problem. In fact I found the blog post that tried to avoid blame a little annoying - "the buck stops here" and all that. (By the way, what ever happened to proofs and galleys? Shouldn't a sample be available ahead of time for the company to approve?)

Don't get me wrong; I think Paizo does an incredible job with things - after all I play Pathfinder and subscribe to multiple product lines - and their production schedule is impressive, especially recently while they have been pushing to "catch up." But these sorts of things are avoidable.
Grrrr... don't get me started on galleys.... The number of times I have seen the finished item look nothing like the galley that got approved.... :rant: What the Hell was the point of sending the galley if you go and reformat everything anyway?!!!

The Auld Grump, foam, froth, growl....

*EDIT* One of the many joys of working with Quark....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads