[Pathfinder] B6: The Veiled Society

jkason

First Post
Also, who has CLW wand?

Ta.

*facepalm.* I completely forgot we even wound up buying the thing! Okay, from what I can tell...

Update CS to reflect contribution to CLW

Who wants to carry it?

I'd assume whoever is the healer or can use the wand.

Both the cleric and the bard can use it, but I don't have a preference either way for who carries it.

I have UMD but not high enough to matter let the bard carry it so as to have two people who can heal.

((and I see no new discussion on it after that, so...))

... apparently Barek's been sitting on it this whole time. Oi. I feel like a moron. Of course, he had two CLW *scrolls* that I actually had on the sheet and forgot about, too, so, you know, it's not like having added it to the sheet would have guaranteed I'd remember to use it, anyway. :blush:

jkason

First Post
If someone was considering moving in that direction with their PC, I think it would be good. With that said, I wouldn't want anyone to take a level in a martial class if they weren't intended on building a character in that direction anyway.

I hadn't intended it, though that's because I have a hard enough time building a competent PC in one class, let alone trying to balance things for more than one. Of course, a bard boosting attack bonuses without a primary combatant to benefit from the boosts seems even less optimal than I usually manage to build. I might just want to bite the Arcane Spell Failure (assuming the party made enough from its little errand to replace his current armor) and take a level of fighter. I'll have to think about it. Advice from folks better than I at multi-classing always welcome.

jason

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
hmm.. the exchange for taking bard to lvl 3 or taking a martial class is a toss up.

LVL 3 bard
*You get a +1 to BAB same if you took a martial class.
*You get a +1 Fort, only one less than any martial class you take.
*able to cast one more spell per day (+2 two new spells that could be helpful- not sure which spells you have.) VS getting all martial weapons you probably won't use, and med and heavy armors you probably won't use but is there to tank out if you have no spells left.
*Inspire compotence +2 which could come in just as handy as a better AC and HP

Now saying all that I could see Barek getting a lvl in Barbarian just from the RPing we have done.

Maybe bard lvl3 and a martial feat of some sort, even toughness would help in combat.

If we get to use the APG I think I might just go ranger and take the Eclectic (- choose an additional favored class) feat. Still good for skills and I think Rezak would have favored enemy humans (glad none are in the group) and favored terrian later would be Urban. And ranged combat but aimed more towards throwing things than using a bow.

What do you think?

HM

jkason

First Post
hmm.. the exchange for taking bard to lvl 3 or taking a martial class is a toss up.

[snip]

Now saying all that I could see Barek getting a lvl in Barbarian just from the RPing we have done.

I thought the same thing, except that rage duration (especially at lower levels) is tied to Con, which Barek has no bonus in. That and the fact that, in most combats, he'd either have to choose raging or his Bard abilities (since they all require concentration, which rage eliminates) make me not especially keen on it.

Maybe bard lvl3 and a martial feat of some sort, even toughness would help in combat.

That might wind up being the best option. Have to take a look at combat feats...

If we get to use the APG I think I might just go ranger and take the Eclectic (- choose an additional favored class) feat. Still good for skills and I think Rezak would have favored enemy humans (glad none are in the group) and favored terrian later would be Urban. And ranged combat but aimed more towards throwing things than using a bow.

What do you think?

It seems more tailored to Rezak's concept than fightering up Barek does, though that may, again, just be my inability to multi-class well. :)

jason

Rhun

First Post
... apparently Barek's been sitting on it this whole time. Oi. I feel like a moron. Of course, he had two CLW *scrolls* that I actually had on the sheet and forgot about, too, so, you know, it's not like having added it to the sheet would have guaranteed I'd remember to use it, anyway. :blush:

Don't feel bad. Celythia apparently has a couple of potions of CLW she forgot about too.

Rhun

First Post
Guys, another thing to keep in mind is that Celythia is a Conjurer. While she hasn't had much chance to use it yet, she will be summoning monsters in combat. That could help reduce some of the need for a fighter type.

kinem

Adventurer
I don't have the APG. If the material is OGC available on the web, it can be used. Otherwise, if you provide me the details, I'll determine if it's OK on a case by case basis.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Then if the APG is allowed you looking at taking a level in Summoner?? Man I thought this would be easy but without a fighter it is a little difficult

So far...

Barek should go Bard lvl3 - compontence bonus for those of us who are incompetent :confused:
Caridoc should go cleric lvl3 - for 2nd lvl spells (shield other for one it is a useful spell)
Celythia should take a lvl in wizard or summoner (wizard again for second lvl spells, summoner for the SLA)
Rezak maybe one more level in rouge before going ranger(urban) the sneak attack will help, and I'll take a martial combat oriented feat.

All that along with some summoned creatures should help in combat.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey kinem yes most of the stuff in the APG is now in the PRD-OGC at that website.

I have an important question I forgot to ask, "What is the max level you think we will get to playing ths adventure?"

I would hate to start a "tree" if we don't make it to the levels needed.

HM

Remove ads