[Pathfinder] B6: The Veiled Society

kinem

Adventurer
I am thinking of starting a B6 game using PF rules. B6 is an unusual classic module (1984) from the BECMI line. It is a city adventure, and features a murder investigation, social class unrest, attempts to recruit PCs into shady organizations, and of course combat. It also still has its share of old school implausibility.

There would be about 4 PCs of 2nd level. I would allow any alignments, but not PCs that would be unfun for the rest. Core classes would use PF rules. Other WotC classes would be allowed, with the only change being that cantrips can be used an unlimited number of times per day. Races and other rules would be PF, using the PRD.

Like all BECMI modules, B6 is set in the world of Mystara, where Immortals (most of whom were once mortal) take the place of gods.

RG thread

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ah this takes me back...

The B modules yes they were some of the first adventures I ever got a character killed in. I had the big book that had all what was it nine? adventures in it. Caves of Chaos was my favorite and I never stop but smile remebering it. I'm in if you'll have me.

PF lets see i have a cleric, fighter, and a wizard who are all PF so I think...

Yes, please put me down for the Rogue spot (that will round out my experiences) please I'll have Rezak the Thief ready to once again walk the world of Mystara.

You know I had all the Gazetters from that world... man I wish i still had every D&D thing I ever bought (specially Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil not there was a cool adventure)

HM

Theroc

First Post
I'd be willing to try something, if my ignorance of the phrase B6 is excusable. I know little of Mystara and the like though, so if you could provide any more information that might spark a character concept in my mind, I'd greatly appreciate it.

At the moment I'm leaning towards a Fighter who learns a bit of magic(Fighter/Wizard/Abjurant Champion[From Complete mage])

Obviously the PrC portion is for future advancement.

Rhun

First Post
I'd be interested in the game, should you choose to run it kinem. I like the Pathfinder rules, and have some passing familiarity with Mystara. I have never actually played, DMed, or even read The Veiled Society. It is one of the few early adventures I never had a chance to get my hands on.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well is three interested people enough to start for character concepts??

I can't do much of a build till I get answers to the following:

a) ability generation
b) how 2nd lvl hp are to be generated
c) starting gold and any rules for equipment (dis)allowed
d) well that pretty much covers it

running a module in pbp hmmm....

HM

Rhun

First Post
HolyMan, you really need to chill my friend! :)

Kinem is just looking for interest; he may not even be planning on starting the game for months. Hell, his "gauging interest" thread is only 6 hours old. LOL.

Rhun

First Post
Sorry Rhun it just seems ... slow around here this weekend could be the holiday I guess.

The holiday is part of it, and the other part is that it is the weekend. I think most of us have a tendency to post at work, so we post more on the weekdays. I know I certainly do. To much fun stuff to do away from the keyboard on the weekends.

Rhun

First Post
Enworld's weekends are the slowest forum activity I've seen in anything besides a literally deceased board. ;)

Some of us like to actually go outside and enjoy the weather on the weekends. :p Or reorganize our garages, which I spent most of yesterday and today doing. But now I can fit both motorcycles in there if I don't get my old one sold before winter hits.

Remove ads