• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder Beginner Box in November

Pathfinder 2E has been out for about six months now, and coming this November is a Beginner Box for the new edition of the game, including rules, monsters, pawns, and dice.

Pathfinder 2E has been out for about six months now, and coming this November is a Beginner Box for the new edition of the game, including rules, monsters, pawns, and dice.

031920_PFBeginnerBox.jpg

Here's the full list of what's in the box:
  • An 80-page Hero's Handbook, including rules for character generation, a solo adventure, skills, spells, and equipment.
  • A 96-page Game Master's Handbook, containing an introductory adventure, over 20 pages of monsters, rules for building your own adventure, and magic items.
  • Four premade characters so you can jump right into the action and four blank character sheets if you want to make your own hero.
  • Over 100 character and monster pawns to use on the full-color double-sided adventure map.
  • Four game reference cards to help players remember their actions.
  • A complete set of polyhedral dice, including a d20, d12, d10, d8, d6, and d4.

SilentJay

Explorer
I think I am going to be in need of this set. The Core Rulebook can be a huge obstacle, even for experienced gamers. I have some experience with PF1E, but feel intimidated by the PF2E Core Rulebook.
Just keep in mind that it's most likely going to be a stripped down version of the rules, just like the PF1E and SF beginner boxes before it.

Ringtail

World Traveller (She/Her)
I'd get it for the pawns and the adventures alone. Maybe I can convince my 5e group to give it a trial run with this. (But not likely.)

Jeff Carpenter

Adventurer
I dont play pathfinder but will buy this because the first pathfinder beginners book was great. One of the best starter sets I have ever seen. Rules for making characters, rules for DMing, plenty of monsters, a conplete game in a box. The only issue was the adventure was a little generic.

Remove ads

Remove ads