• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder: Burnt Offerings

I sent a similar message to the players in my other games via e-mail, but since I haven't got an e-mail address for you guys, I'll simply let you all know here that I'm bowing out of online activity, DMing included. My girls have taken turns being sick this week and since the course I'm taking this semester is relatively simple, I've had some time during my day to catch up on a few long-standing projects around the house. Gardening, mostly. But also some cooking and baking, which are two of my chief hobbies. Despite the girls being sick this week, I've found I've had quite an enjoyable time outside between their naps, raking and tending to planters. It was really nice not to have to post. Since I'm also going to be sending out a spate of medical school applications in preparation for starting my MD next year (fingers crossed on that one), now seems like a good time to quit DMing. We just started this game and to tell you the truth I thought at first that I'd keep just this one game and let my others go, but after a night's sleep I think I'd rather let the whole lot of them go. This may be my last year as a full-time stay-at-home mom and I'd like to enjoy domesticity while it is still mine to enjoy.

I'm sorry to disappoint you guys. Deciding to let this game go was hard for me. I hope someone else starts up a Burnt Offerings game soon and that all of you get in on it.

Kaodi, good luck with school. Olaf, good luck with family life. Whizbang, good luck at work and with your new child. Insight, you're fairly private about your private life but I wish you well and I hope you enjoy good gaming. Blind Azathoth, it's been a pleasure having you in the game. Ravi would have been a smashing success in this game, and I'm sorry to be bailing on you. Thank you all for being such good writers in your posts! I always appreciate that.

I won't say that I'm not disappointed CB, because I would love to have seen where this game would have gone. However, having said that, I completely understand your decision. Best of luck with your family and your future. :)

Adam AKA Olaf the Stout

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Ah, a shame... I was really enjoying the game. But life cannot revolve around D&D, I suppose! And at least you had the courtesy to actually tell us about this. Quite a few of the DMs I've played with here have simply vanished, or just ignored their games until the players stopped sending them private messages asking what was going on...

Anyway, enough grumbling. I too wish you the best of luck in life, CB. :)

Insight

Adventurer
CanadienneBacon said:
Thanks, guys. I dislike quitting things but have simply come to a point in my life when I'm ready to do less gaming.

Totally understand, CB. I've come close to that point many, many times.

I've been out of the online/internet loop for just about a year now. I'm considering restarting this game and want to know who is available and who may be interested in resuming this particular PbP. Caveat: I'm not 100% sure myself whether I can or want to do it. Just mulling options, so to speak. :)

Rhun

First Post
I've been out of the online/internet loop for just about a year now. I'm considering restarting this game and want to know who is available and who may be interested in resuming this particular PbP. Caveat: I'm not 100% sure myself whether I can or want to do it. Just mulling options, so to speak. :)

Welcome back, CB. I hope you get this game going. I've been playing in Hewligan's Burnt Offerings Game, and (I think) we are at the last encounter. (For time frame reference, we started in early Novemeber, so Burnt Offerings takes about 9 months to play through via PbP). Anyway, it is an extremely fun adventure...I'm sure if you start it up, you'll get lots of enjoyment out of it.

Rhun, if someone who had previously committed to this game doesn't show back up or is no longer interested, are you interested in either filling in and playing an abandoned PC or creating a new character? Again, not saying anything's definite, just polling for interest.

Remove ads