Pathfinder: Burnt Offerings

Jemal

Adventurer
Insight said:
Also, do you own Races of the Dragon? There's a 'monster class' in there that allows you to take Half-Dragon as a class instead of all at once (the LA +3). I might be interested in that angle.
Actually, I think you meant it gives you the "Draconic" template(+1LA), as the Half-Dragon template is given by a 10-lvl prestige class in DMG (Dragon Disciple).

Last edited:

Insight said:
What of the UA are you allowing? There's a lot of options in there.

The stuff that pertains to character creation. Variant classes and bloodlines are the first thing that come to mind. Probably the flaws as well, but I caveat that by saying that I'd carefully review any character sheet with an eye for what I think is overpowered with regard to traits and flaws.

Also, do you own Races of the Dragon?

Nope. Sorry.

My other thought is of a Ranger that hunts goblins. That would fit in well with the campaign concept (at least the first adventure) as I understand it.

Judging by the cover art on Pathfinder, I'd say that sounds appropriate. :)

Insight

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Actually, I think you meant it gives you the "Draconic" template(+1LA), as the Half-Dragon template is given by a 10-lvl prestige class in DMG (Dragon Disciple).

Well, it's academic since CB isn't using Races of the Dragon, but it's a monster class where you level up in half-dragon as you go. So you can be a half-dragon at 1st level (although you don't get much at 1st level). Over the course of the class, you get everything that's in the half-dragon template, but you can start with it in a first level game if you want.

You only get the equivalent of one base class level during the half-dragon progression, though, so you'd probably better either take your first level as fighter or barb and have a high con (since you will have 1st level hp at 4th level), or have a party willing to protect you until you can sort of catch up.

If you just take levels 1 and 2 of this monster class, however, you would have the equivalent of the Draconic (LA +1) template, and you can stop there if that's all that you want (and not the whole Half-Dragon template).

Jemal

Adventurer
Insight said:
Well, it's academic since CB isn't using Races of the Dragon, but it's a monster class where you level up in half-dragon as you go. So you can be a half-dragon at 1st level (although you don't get much at 1st level). Over the course of the class, you get everything that's in the half-dragon template, but you can start with it in a first level game if you want.

You only get the equivalent of one base class level during the half-dragon progression, though, so you'd probably better either take your first level as fighter or barb and have a high con (since you will have 1st level hp at 4th level), or have a party willing to protect you until you can sort of catch up.

If you just take levels 1 and 2 of this monster class, however, you would have the equivalent of the Draconic (LA +1) template, and you can stop there if that's all that you want (and not the whole Half-Dragon template).
What class is this that does the same as a 10 lvl class in 3 lvls? I want it!!

Jemal said:
Question:
What do you think of Orcs as characters?

They're in the MM, a preferred soucebook, so I have no problem with them. As long as the character isn't evil and, as I wrote in my OP, preferably not CN. After that, I ask that you play that (or, really, any) PC with the intent to get along with everyone else in the party. I'm a much smoother DM when everyone is getting along. In-fighting frazzles my last nerve. Regarding Warlock, I need to think on that. I'm at a cash-sensitive place in my life right now and had not planned to purchase new material other than the subscription to Pathfinder itself.

Jemal, at this point I'd like to pause and ask you to e-mail me privately, if you're willing. I've seen you get into two past arguments on this PbP forum and have additionally noted a touch of vehemence from you on the General boards here at EN World. Based on what I've seen, I may not be the DM for you, nor you the player for me. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, if you'd be so kind as to take a dialogue off-line with me via e-mail. I will certainly understand if you take umbrage to my suggestion and want nothing further to do with either this game or me. I'd have put this in spoiler tags but let's face it, on a public forum where all anyone has to do is click the tag to see the hidden text, there is no such thing as privacy. Might as well be honest and up front about things, at least until we can make contact via e-mail.

My e-mail address is -deleted-.

Last edited:

Added Deities and Demigods to the preferred list in my OP. I like the cleric domains in that sourcebook, and some of the deities in the pantheons in the book are interesting. I won't be allowing Frenzied Berserker, though.

I'll also throw up the pantheon from my homebrew for folks to consider as fodder, for those who want to try their hand at a cleric.

Edit: homebrew pantheon is in the 2nd post in this thread. This will be a polytheistic world, so please consider the Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, the Draconomicon, Scarred Lands, my homebrew, or something of your own creation to be available as far as deity worship goes.

Last edited:

Remove ads