Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Character Builder?

HyrumOWC

First Post
It's not exactly "official" yet there have been discussions between Piazo and Lone Wolf about it.

It's pretty close to official. Lisa spoke about it at the Banquet at PaizoCon.

Lisa also said that Hero Lab should have all of the APG classes and updates fully functioning by Gen Con.

Hyrum.

PaizoCEO

First Post
It's pretty close to official. Lisa spoke about it at the Banquet at PaizoCon.

Lisa also said that Hero Lab should have all of the APG classes and updates fully functioning by Gen Con.

Hyrum.

It is 100% official. We are working out a press release that should go out this week hopefully. We signed the deal at PaizoCon last week.

-Lisa

Theocrat

First Post
On HeroLab's forums Hryum has also stated that their Super Genius Games / OtherWorld Creations Pathfinder compatible stuff is in the works.
That's besides myself, Risner, ShadowChemosh and others working on Pathfinder and PF Compatible works.
I've done the Seeker of Secrets while ShadowChemosh has worked on most of the regional companions (and we're working to edit them to mark particular things as PFS legal, vs normal PF game play). Other people have and are working on data sets for HL for Pathfinder for their own home games.
It is a $30 program with the bestiary being $15 (don't quote me on that, I've forgotten), and likely the APG will also be the same price. The Adventure Path's haven't had a cost associated with them yet - but I myself haven't utilized their aspects so I'm unsure if they're complete (ie. monsters, spells, etc) or not, but they have been done by WolfLair.
When there is an issue or problem Mathais or Rob seem to be on top of it. Coding is the most difficult aspect of HL - it's not nearly as simple as eTools was (from CodeMonkey) in creating a new class - but again the HL/PF forums are very helpful.
I'm new to HL in general, and can only do minor aspects (spells, magic items and such) with the coding, but with practice and an official stance things should move along much easier.

Be Well. Be Well Labratoried.
Theocrat Issak

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Herolab looks great, but I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. I'm not jumping through hoops just to create a character for a game. Herolab insists that I stand on one leg, stick my elbow in my ear and do the hokiepokie, just because I upgraded my video card, then if I slap a new cpu in, I can't use the damn thing for 4 months. No thank you. When I buy a product, I want to actually, you know, use the damn thing. Without playing Mother-may-I.

HyrumOWC

First Post
Herolab looks great, but I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. I'm not jumping through hoops just to create a character for a game. Herolab insists that I stand on one leg, stick my elbow in my ear and do the hokiepokie, just because I upgraded my video card, then if I slap a new cpu in, I can't use the damn thing for 4 months. No thank you. When I buy a product, I want to actually, you know, use the damn thing. Without playing Mother-may-I.

Not true actually. Yes there's DRM, but they've been *extremely* helpful when I've had license issues. In fact, most machines get 2 licenses just in case, and if there is a problem, a simple email is all it takes for them to fix it. I've had a license problem come up twice in the past 6 months (OS upgrades) and the first time the secondary license took care of it, while the second was fixed within a couple of hours of me sending the email.

Hyrum.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!

Not true actually. Yes there's DRM, but they've been *extremely* helpful when I've had license issues. In fact, most machines get 2 licenses just in case, and if there is a problem, a simple email is all it takes for them to fix it. I've had a license problem come up twice in the past 6 months (OS upgrades) and the first time the secondary license took care of it, while the second was fixed within a couple of hours of me sending the email.

Hyrum.

My experience has been very similar to Hyrum's - LoneWolf's customer support is about the best I've run across! Sure there are occasional issues that go a little more wrong, but those have been very much the exception rather than the rule in my experience.

Also, in addition to the quick response and helpfulness by LW staff on the forums, this product has a very active user base who are constantly making custom races, classes, items etc. available to other users.

For Pathfinder and 3.5, this is some of the best gaming money I've ever spent!

Papa-DRB

First Post
Please tell me I am reading this wrong. To me it says, you bought two licenses, ie. paid for it twice, just to avoid license issues?

-- david
Papa.DRB

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Please tell me I am reading this wrong. To me it says, you bought two licenses, ie. paid for it twice, just to avoid license issues?

-- david
Papa.DRB

You are reading it wrong. The initial purchase grants use of the license on two machines. This could allow use on both a desktop and an laptop; but in the case presented he was using only one of the authorized uses. When he updated his OS he took advantage of the second authorization so he didn't have to e-mail customer service to transfer his license to the 'new' computer.

Remove ads