Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Character Builder?

lonewolfdevel

First Post
The HeroLab license doesn't have to be renewed - it's good for life AFAIK. Add-ons (such as the Bestiary and upcoming APG) have to be purchased, but once purchased my understanding is that updates to them are available for life as well.

Exactly correct.

That is a change from their Army Builder and Card Vault programs which require yearly license purchases.

Yes. This change makes sense for Hero Lab because users are purchasing access to the different RPG game content as opposed to the actual product itself. There's a $10 premium on the initial purchase over adding a new game system ($30 versus $20), and that's essentially the only cost towards the core product. Once the product is purchased (along with a game system of the user's choice), the user only purchases new content if he chooses to do so.

Stormtower

First Post
It is 100% official. We are working out a press release that should go out this week hopefully. We signed the deal at PaizoCon last week.

-Lisa

Thank you Lisa, this is something my players & I will really appreciate. As is typical with Paizo, you seem to really listen to customers about what they want, and then deliver it. A viable PC generator program for PFRPG was one of the things on my wish list!

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Well, I knuckled under and got herolab the other day to run under Bootcamp, because I really did need a decent character generator. I'm liking it a lot.

Unfortunately this obviates the need for me to buy the Mac version when it's available, though I'd still be willing to beta test, particularly now that I've got a stable version to compare to.

Good work guys. The pathfinder material is excellent. And I'm particularly pleased to be able to put a character portrait right there on the front page.

Remove ads